Adam Internet

sandford5050

Guest Guest75

We have Wimax here.

Good speeds and regular, no drop offs.

Help desk are great - local lads.

You get best speeds nearest Adam transmitters - there is one at the RSPCA so you'll be right.

I had Adam Internet for about 9 months, I had lots of problems with it dropping out. It works well if you have line of site between you and the transmiters, my problem was a palm tree blowing in the wind, when there was no wind it worked a treat. Must admit the help desk tried to sort the problem but in the end had to give up. They refunded all my payments for the 9 months

We have used Adam for the last 4 years and have seldom had problems. This last few months it has been dropping out a lot but they have sent us a replacement modem to try. Be aware of the small print on the contract though, as we thought we were continuing our existing contract of month by month rolling contract when we moved house, but they changed it to a 24 month contract so we are now tied in!

We have had WiMax almost since it first came out. We had some teething issues initially but they were right on it with getting things sorted and we got a vey good discount from them during this time. At one point we even had 2 of their techs at our house til about 9pm getting things sorted - can't get that with offshore call centres.

I would definately recommend them. :cool:

It depends what you want to use it for. Yes, you can get reasonable speeds if you're close to a tower however if a lot of people happen to be using their WiMax at the same time as you then you'll see speeds drop off. Also WiMax is generally no good for games such as Batlefield 3 or Call of Duty as the lag is too great.

Have a good look at http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/109 on which WiMax is frequently referred to as CrapMax. Says it all I reckon. Mind you some people are happy with it so you pay your money and take your chance.

One thing - the setup costs are fairly horrific unless you lock yourself into a 36 month contract but even this will cost $150 and if you subsequently find you have made a mistake you will have to wait 36 months before you can change. If you don't want to be locked into a contract it'll cost you $750 to set WiMax up. Also if you move house you'll still be locked into whatever contract you signed up for or pay an exit penalty.

We have had WiMax almost since it first came out. We had some teething issues initially but they were right on it with getting things sorted and we got a vey good discount from them during this time. At one point we even had 2 of their techs at our house til about 9pm getting things sorted - can't get that with offshore call centres.

I would definately recommend them. :cool:

When a telstra technician comes round, do you think he is flown in to do the work?:arghh:

When a telstra technician comes round, do you think he is flown in to do the work?

I think the point was that the company were prepared to try to assist the customer in every way possible. No-one would think even for a minute that a tech would be flown in simply to sort out a connection issue at a customers house so whatever point you were trying to make seems to have failed dismally.

First of all one could say, the phone support shouldn't it be coming round, phone support and level 3 should be different people. Different skill sets etc.

But why did more than one person mention where the call centres are, its totally irrelevant. How would you like it if someone didn't want to speak to you because you weren't from Australia or said I had this POM on the phone, why didn't I get an Aussie to help??

Have to say I've noticed a slight deterioration in Adam's service since the Telstra takeover (but having had the dubiouis pleasure of dealing with Telstra a lot through work, I wasn't surprised!): Last time I had a problem and called Adam, they told me my modem was no longer supported by them - despite it being one they provided me with! Never had that before, and tbh, it would have been better customer service if they'd emailed out to customers with that type of modem (after all, as I say, it was provided by them so they should have a record of existing customers using it) and let me know, or offered my an alternative to buy.

Just sayin....

Have to say I've noticed a slight deterioration in Adam's service since the Telstra takeover (but having had the dubiouis pleasure of dealing with Telstra a lot through work, I wasn't surprised!): Last time I had a problem and called Adam, they told me my modem was no longer supported by them - despite it being one they provided me with! Never had that before, and tbh, it would have been better customer service if they'd emailed out to customers with that type of modem (after all, as I say, it was provided by them so they should have a record of existing customers using it) and let me know, or offered my an alternative to buy.

Just sayin....

When we arrived last year I deliberately choose Adam as our ISP because they were one of the local companies.....two weeks later, they got bought by Telstra! Service has been fine for us so far, nothing special on ADSL but good enough for regular surfing, skype, etc.