Home Internet speeds, and 3G internet costs

Guest rickyaswell

Guest rickyaswell

Hi

1.what is the speed and costs of home internet can you get in Aderlaide and are the speeds all the same for ale areas?

2.Is 3G all over Aderlaide and could i use my mobile phone with my laptop to get to the internet?

3. What are the best 3G data plans (download limits per month) in Aderlaide ?

I f i am only renting for a short while i could do with 3g mobile internet with my laptop in and around Aderlaide.

Thanks

richard

Guest soggy
Hi

1.what is the speed and costs of home internet can you get in Aderlaide and are the speeds all the same for ale areas?

2.Is 3G all over Aderlaide and could i use my mobile phone with my laptop to get to the internet?

3. What are the best 3G data plans (download limits per month) in Aderlaide ?

I f i am only renting for a short while i could do with 3g mobile internet with my laptop in and around Aderlaide.

Thanks

richard

Hi,

the 3G network is all over adelaide , according to the lady in the "3" shop anyway, I don't remeber the cost but not to bad if you don't want to do a lot of downloading and you want to be mobile.

I am in on arrival accomodation for only 12 weeks and have had a phone line connected by telstra (aus bt) there is no contract and when I move can take the number with me, I have their internet service to called bigpond, there are better deals for internet but they made it simple at a time when we were very busy, for this there is a 2 year contract but again when you move you can take it with you. I have just upgraded to 1500/256 from a frustrating 256/64 the faster is $70 reduced to $35 for the first 9 months if you have a telstra phone line. ( if you have a credit card even uk one you should be able to pass the credit rating side of things) the slower speed was only $10 less.

hope this gives you an idea, have a look at www.adelaidebound.com.au it has a section on internet and a comparison of the different providers.

Simon:):)

Guest zx6roo

http://www.three.com.au/

As for internet speeds.... no they are not the same all over adelaide. Some areas aren't on broadband yet, most have exchanges 512/128K compatible (ADSL1 & equivalent), few have higher unless you want to pay business rates. Some areas are full... last area I lived in I had to wait 4 months for someone to cancel their plan so I could use the port. You don't know this until you have moved in and put in an application... you can fill your area code in online but they never give you the exact truth.

If they don't have briadband in your area contact Telstra as they have to supply it if you ask. Unfortuantely you'll be stuck with them on a 12 month contract.

Guest zx6roo

if you need to howk you credit rating up go into a couple of the new car places and fill in requesting a car loan.... then change your mind when it comes thru. LOL. I did that. The credit history never states you didn't buy it, just that you were approved :)