Unlock uk mobile phone

Guest css

You asked exactly the question I needed to come on and ask!!! :D

I need to unlock an iPhone 3GS... which is currently on orange.

Today in a shop i was told $90..............

I will only do it legally, but I need to shop around for prices. that is ridiculous. Costs £20 in the UK or thereabouts, if you can't get the company themselves to do it for free...

You need the network to unlock it. Apple holds the actual lock and the network request it be unlocked, then even you plug it into iTunes, it becomes unlocked.

Now it can be done by other means, but if you were to upgrade the software or restore your iPhone it can relock the handset.

The issue is that some UK networks require the phone to be in the UK for it to unlock, but some can be requested online. O2 for example will unlock a contract iPhone for free and all you do is fill out a form on their website.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jonny no cash

There is a stall in West Lakes that charges $40 for it and you have to wait 24 hrs for your phone back,not straightforward but what is over here.