Boiling the kettle

Blossom

I have just read a daily mail article (sorry, hang my head in shame). It states that over filling kettles wastes £68million a year. I thought they meant the extra electricity to boil it first off, but no, they were talking about the cost of the water.

Now, am I totally alone here, if I have too much water in the kettle then I re-boil it and use it next use. This only happens if someone else has filled it though as I'm well trained in energy saving. Even the bits left over I give my cats to drink so they don't have so much chlorine taste.

Does everyone else empty the kettle after each use?

Don't worry, I found it on the BBC for you :P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23175220

I try to fill it up to the minimum line which for our kettle is 2 cups. Not meant to fill it less else its not good for the kettle.

Shower thing, there is a surge in power shower heads which can empty a hot water tank in 5 minutes they chuck out so much water. We have a far less powerful shower head which is a water saving one. Sure a power shower bucket load one would be nice but I can't justify the amount of water it uses, so have our energy saving one.

We just bought a kettle that only boils one cup at a time, and then automatically dispenses it in 35 second!! It's great and stops us wasting water and electric!

That sounds pretty cool! They don't seem to have rapid boil kettles over here (well, not in places like Kmart anyway). I don't use mine enough to justify spending too much.

We just bought a kettle that only boils one cup at a time, and then automatically dispenses it in 35 second!! It's great and stops us wasting water and electric!

I'd love a one cup kettle. Would be ideal as its usually only one of us at a time making a hot drink.

Do you have a link to it or name, would be interested as we need a new kettle