Mobile or Landline?

Ktee

Have to admit we never use the landline but unfortunately still have to pay for it with Telstra.

How many of you use your mobiles more than landlines?

Research released by the Australian Communications and Media Authority today shows that 3.3 million adult Australians, or 19 per cent of the population, are mobile-only users.

The research shows that in 2011, the number of people who had ditched their landline was 2.8 million.

That figure rose by 20 per cent to reach 3.3 million by December 2012.

Not surprisingly, it is younger people leading the charge.

The research shows the majority of mobile-only subscribers are under 35 (61 per cent), live in a metro area (63 per cent) and earn less than $50k (66 per cent).

Those aged 25 to 35 year are two times more likely to be mobile only, compared to the general population.

At the other end of the age scale, Australians 65 and older are three-quarters less likely to be mobile only.

While people are increasingly relying on their mobile phone for calling people, 65 per cent of mobile-only users still want to be plugged in when it comes to using the internet.

Probably reflecting the comparatively high cost of mobile phone internet, the study shows less than 3 per cent of Australian adults, or about 480,000 people, were "full mobile substitution", using their mobile for all their calls, texts and internet needs.

Although that trend is quickly changing with the number of full mobile users increasing by 70 per cent last year.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/technology/smartphones/one-in-five-aussies-hang-up-on-landlines-report/story-fn6vihic-1226674723977#ixzz2YVFq6szi

We are using mobiles pretty much exclusively but have got a land line linked up via VOIP for very cheap phone calls back to the UK for the relatives that don't have skype. No land line charges on that - just via our Router and Adam Internet.

Edited by zebedee

Well I only have a mobile.Unlimited free calls to all mobiles and landlines including 1800 and 13 numbers in Australia .Along with 6Gb of internet and use it to Skype all over the world . All for $29 a month.I also have a Voip Phone at home connected to our internet,so that if my elderly Mum in Scotland needs to contact me she can.

Well I only have a mobile.Unlimited free calls to all mobiles and landlines including 1800 and 13 numbers in Australia .Along with 6Gb of internet and use it to Skype all over the world . All for $29 a month.I also have a Voip Phone at home connected to our internet,so that if my elderly Mum in Scotland needs to contact me she can.

Who is that with?