Renewal UK passport

Guest leemina

Guest leemina

Hi

So i've downloaded the renewal forms for Uk passport from the internet, got new photos (arghhhh!!!) however when it says about a countersignature, it states that they have to have known myself for two years, we've not been in this country for that long yet. It does say that this may not be a problem if the consular has supporting ID docs. Just wanted to know if anyone has had any problems with this issue??

Last time I read the blurb it said this in it somewhere. Hopefully that still stands.

Note : For those in the country for less than 2 years, on holiday or visiting, and don’t know anyone,

you can have your application & photo countersigned by a professional (Policeman, J.P., Lawyer etc)

attesting to your likeness. They will not be required to complete the personal declaration at section

9 C1 or Section 8 C2. An explanation of your circumstance should be made at Section 7 C1 or section

6 C2.

I can't find it in the blurb now (they've changed the website) but if it wasn't an issue then I can't see it being one now.

If you've got to make an appointment for one then I am sure you'll be fine with supporting docs and stuff if that is what it says.

From memory when we did ours we did not have to have them signed as we were sending in our old passport with the renewal application, you then get you old one back with a corner cut off it!!!!!, we also did it at the post office so you could ask them, it is also only certain post office branches which deal with passports, they usually do the photos as well, the whole process was a painless exercise, except for the payment, that really hurt! especially a yorkshire man!

Good luck

does any one know if you can renew your UK passport for the standarrd Uk price whilst you are in the UK but if you live in Oz ?

Dont need it back to travel back as can travel on ozzy passport. UK passport can be posted to close relatives home. Or can you still got to Liverpool and get your passport done quick ???

does any one know if you can renew your UK passport for the standarrd Uk price whilst you are in the UK but if you live in Oz ?

Dont need it back to travel back as can travel on ozzy passport. UK passport can be posted to close relatives home. Or can you still got to Liverpool and get your passport done quick ???

AFAIK yes you can renew in the UK. Just would have to go to a UK address as it needs to be signed for etc.