Recommend a retaining wall installer ?

hitmanzak

Hi guys I am looking for any recommendations for a retaining wall to be installed, a lot of companies out there so any advice would be good. :huh:

It will be approx 15m long by 1m high, easy access though some cutting required. What's the average cost per meter ?

:idea:

Any one out there who installs it ?

cheers:wink:

Pretty sure the company that did ours was called 'G&R Retaining Walls' and think they're in the south, although they came to us near Mt Barker.

If the wall isn't higher than 1m you don't need engineering and could do it yourself as a DIY job (usually, that is - if it's supporting a structure then that's different). Being on a sloping block we got the experts in for side walls that were above a metre and I've done the rest - they're still standing so far ...

Jim

We are down south, Seaford area.

At the back of the property we already have a retaining wall, our garden area banks up to this. We want to cut back as close as we can then install another wall thus gaining more flat garden space. The bank is about 2.5 to 1 so I am hoping this will be a simple job ?

We are down south, Seaford area.

At the back of the property we already have a retaining wall, our garden area banks up to this. We want to cut back as close as we can then install another wall thus gaining more flat garden space. The bank is about 2.5 to 1 so I am hoping this will be a simple job ?

For a retaining wall over 1m in height you will need council approval. You will have to be careful not to affect the integrity your existing wall and what it is retaining, a rule of thumb is not to encroach into the angle of repose, which is 45deg from the ground surface level at base of existing wall to the ground level at the base of your new wall or basically the height of your new wall will also be the minimum measurement between your walls. The above is just an initial guide for your information, your chosen wall builder will be able to give you more detailed advice.