Broadband

Guest adlyn2012

Guest adlyn2012

Any advice would be appreciated

We have been here 3 week we bought a yes Optus modem for $79 $30 for 3GB, girl in Optus said it would last month.

We have ran out and topped up several times spend $80 dollars in 3 weeks!!!!

Not worth the money at all

Anybody got better for there money?

We are moving to a long term rental in September and can anyone recommend a good broadband provider with unlimited data?

Cheers

Don't know about unlimited data, but we use Adam - $50 a month for 200 gb, or something like that. They do change their deals quite often - we were on half that data allowance which had been doing us all fine, then last month came close to the limit so I went on their webpage, saw they now offered double for the same price, phoned them up (great advantage of Adam is you get to talk to someone in Adelaide rather than Mumbai) and they instantly upped the limit to the new amount. I'd have preferred they did this automatically when a new deal came out, but I guess beggars can't be losers...

A third vote for Adam. We pay about $40 a month, no idea what the download limit is but we download quite a bit and have never got to the limit yet. They have an office in the city and when we had a problem with the router my OH took it in to the office and they sorted it out for him.

The above guys are missing the point !

Yes we are on Adam and it is great. but you have only been here 3 weeks so you have no chance of getting a contract. to be honest your screwed PAYG is never a good thing especially on data, we use 200gb a month.

try Vodafone or virgin. Telstra and Optus are the big boys and you pay !!!

Guest Adelaide_bound

Dongle wise Telstra were fab for us - we got the large dongle pack, which lasts 12 months if you don't use it, rather than expiring after 30 days - think we got the old deal that was 10GB for $150, but I think the current one is 12GB for $180 - the fact it doesn't expire is the good thing imho, and we only had to top up once whilst we were on the road so we didn't really burn through it.

House wise, you shouldn't struggle to get a contract with anyone really, especially if you have a pre-paid already, as you will have some history with them even if it is only one month. Telstra contract are a NIGHTMARE though, and I wouldn't go with them again unless I had a gun held to my head, seriously they are terrible - but then they are the ones that it can sometimes be a pain to get a contract with if you are new off the boat and they are being useless (which seems to be totally random on who is or isn't picked for it seems).

We are with Optus for our home contract now, its 300GB, along with home phone line, TV box (just basic package, but thats enough for us, but we can rent films and there are some free ones as well we can download, as well as the recording of tv usual stuff etc that's standard) for $110/month. We do a LOT of data as hubby is a web developer/programmer/designer type person, as well as online gaming and downloading a couple of films here and there, as well as me running my mobile off the home server which is a couple of GB a month as well, but we don't seem to touch the sides of the allowance, and can only say good things about their customer service and help really.

If we had our time again I think we would have looked into Adam etc a bit more, but we were just fuming over Telstra mucking us around for weeks and weeks and needed internet asap, and as the house was a new build didn't have a telephone line or anything, so just went with Optus as it was the easy thing to do at the time :) Have to say I don't really regret it though due to the very very high level of customer service (got the first two months free due to (admitedly us) making a mistake)

There are only three mobile companies in Australia (Telstra, Optus and Vodaphone) the others are just resellers for each network btw.