Internet Provider/Phone Advice Please

kadina

Hi there, we are moving to Port Noarlunga and are looking for the best package out there for home phone/ internet. We may or may not want naked broadband, ideally wireless broadband. Obviously if we have phone we would want it to include if possible international calls to the UK, ive seen a few packages but I am not sure what has the best coverage for the area, any help would be very much appreciated, thanks as wanting to get this sorted soon

We have been with Adam Internet since we arrived and they have been great. What you can get will depend on what services you get in your street - it's quite variable, you can check what the ADSL service will be like from here:

http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/

The National Broad Band network is being slowly rolled out here too (though it has an uncertain future thanks to government swap), and you can check it's progress here:

http://www.nbnco.com.au/when-do-i-get-it/rollout-map.html

We've just had our fibre connection installed and it does what it says on the tin.

Adam Internet do a VOIP service which offers very cheap calls internationally but there are lots of options out there, we have used it and it's been good to keep in contact with the non-Skype using family members.

Have you tried TPG? They do wireless broadband and landline combo + 100 mins international calls per month...

Thank you to everyone that has commented here I shall definitely check out the adsl connections where we are gonna be, I heard the problems re the government change down that way. We do not really need a landline as most of the family will be using Skype am just looking for the best deal with the best connection for internet, we were contemplating Adam internet as its been around for years and seem pretty good but I shall also look at TPG which I can't say ive heard of thanks again everyone, any more comments if you have something else that may be good as an option that would be appreciated thanks again guys

• 1 month later...

We ha ve dodo for internet and phone, internet is unlimited, not sure what phone charges are as we don't use it. $59. A month, my son is always on Xbox live and never had any connection issues