where to buy new furniture?

Guest ingyfikry

Guest ingyfikry

Hello everyone.

We are finally moving to adelaide in december! We did a reccie trip in august and LOVEd adelaide. We are renting long-term in glenelg and looking forward to the summer there. We stayed there for the reccie trip and loved it!!

We will be buying mostly new stuff not shipping when we come in december. So our main question:

1. where to buy decent affordable furniture? We went to Ikea and it was Ok. Any other suggestions for beds and living room sofas?

2. Should we wait for the christmas sales for the furniture and electronics? are the sales good and when do they start?

Thanks everyone

Yes Classic Timber was good years ago we got a lot of our bedroom stuff from them but yes Lecornu wins heads up as our first choice they have some pretty good stuff and you can get some real bargains, you really do get what you pay for as a lot of furniture shops sell some pretty rubbish stuff that you can see will break before you even think about buying it, some places are not as "fantastic as they sound " pardon the pun if you get me, Lecornu also have trailers you can borrow free of charge if you have a tow bar, a kids play bit that they can stay in for upto 2 hours while you shop for bits, we are going there this weekend we love it !! xx

Guest Guest12727

There is a Homemaker Centre at Mile End, which is very close to the City on the road to the airport. This has a large selection of home furniture and other homewares shops so you can get a feel for styles and prices from different shops in one place.

There is another Homemaker Centre at Gepps Cross, on Main North Rd. A bit further for you but you probably have time to drive around and there is a large Harvey Norman there. You can pop into Mawson Lakes for lunch while you are there.

Freedom furniture are good - good quality and style but not the cheapest. You can look at their website. They often have sell offs of their floor stock when new styles are coming in. We got our sons bed half prices and it only has a small dent in the wooden leg where you can't even see it. Great service too as they replaced a broken item without question after 6 months.

For electrical you can look in places like The Good Guys, but we always buy from David Jones (department store in the City). They tend to have the better models (hence higher prices) and great customer service.

The Christmas sales can be good for bargains on big ticket items. Floor stock is often drastically reduced and available immediately.

Guest ingyfikry

Hello everyone! What great feedback! Thanks a lot. I have a lot to do now when I get there. And shopping my favourite past-time:)) I will look at these places online till we get there to have a better idea. Will probably rough it a bit for a few weeks and wait for the christmas sales if we can get good deals since we will be buying all new so anything saved will make a difference. Wish us luck.I hope we can all meet when I get there. I feel I have a whole bunch of new friends already