Smart TV Dongle

Toni

Has anyone used those Smart TV dongles? We watch a lot of catch up TV on our laptop but it just isn't the same as watching on big screen.

If you have one or used one, what's the picture quality like and can you get most of the TV series that are on the catch up channels or are there some limits?

I know how they work but just wondering if anyone has actually used one.

thanks in anticipation :-)

PS also I've done an online search and there are a few around if you can PM me the ones to avoid or ones you recommend too.

Has anyone used those Smart TV dongles? We watch a lot of catch up TV on our laptop but it just isn't the same as watching on big screen.

If you have one or used one, what's the picture quality like and can you get most of the TV series that are on the catch up channels or are there some limits?

I know how they work but just wondering if anyone has actually used one.

thanks in anticipation :-)

PS also I've done an online search and there are a few around if you can PM me the ones to avoid or ones you recommend too.

I have never used one BUT I know a bit about them. They are basically a mini computer hard drive, running Android. So you can get any catch up TV That you can also get on the computer. IP blocking and pretending you are in UK is more awkward though. Quality is meant to be good. I was going to get one, but ended up with a smart TV, but we also have an Apple TV and don't ever use the TV for web stuff, we use the Apple TV. For $100 that's what I would recommend. But you have to have an iPhone, iPad, iPod or mac to get the benefits.