Best for calls to UK???

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

I'd love to hear opinions about who is best to use for call rates to the UK.

We have been using Card Call /Go talk card, good rates to $1.20 per hour as a regular customer.

Trouble is that the recharges can expire and you lose the credit.

We have "flurries" of calls , sometimes a while between.

just lost $20 credit as the recharge expires after 6 months.

Maddening as it's not cheap when losing these credits!

So any cards / plans welcome.

Hope not to change phone company.

Using Adam internet who might be able to add on.

Yep, some of our family use Skype - and some can't get their head around it <sigh of imaptience>

I use a calling card and when it says that the credit has expired I just top up again and the other credit is reactivated - I think it's called Red Tomato?? possibly?? As long as I use the same pin number it always reactivates the other credit when I top up again - don't know if that helps

I have a Skype 12 months Premium subscription to the Uk.

Have local Adelaide numbers for all those I call and use my mobile unlimited calls to call everyone.

It doesn't cost much when you buy during discount offer periods.

I spend over an hour a day on the phone to various family members,and as I can use my mobile the only thing I have to remember is the time difference.

Guest Watkinsfamily

Vodafone pre-pay on the international plan allows calls to UK for $1 we have been using this until we could ger broadband and begin to Skype again.

Guest hemzet

truphone.com offers a plan with more than one phone number on the SIM card. In fact you can have an Australian and a UK number (and a few others) on one SIM. There are no roaming charges between these countries anymore! Means, friends in UK can call a local UK number at local rates instead of your Australian one. It's worth a check...

Guest Guest12727
truphone.com offers a plan with more than one phone number on the SIM card. In fact you can have an Australian and a UK number (and a few others) on one SIM. There are no roaming charges between these countries anymore! Means, friends in UK can call a local UK number at local rates instead of your Australian one. It's worth a check...

Sounds good so looked it up - appears to be $55 per month, am I reading right?

Guest hemzet

Think the 1000 minutes + 1GB data package costs about $95 per month and the 2000 minutes + 2GB data one about $145. However, not sure, as it differs from home (your primary phone number) country to home country.

Guest JACK JONES

I just use an app called VIBER on my phone . Free calls and texts . Sometimes you get a bit of a delay on it , but 9 times out of 10 it's crystal clear . Often sounds like you are sitting in the same room . It's simple to use , I even have elderly relatives that use it .

I just use an app called VIBER on my phone . Free calls and texts . Sometimes you get a bit of a delay on it , but 9 times out of 10 it's crystal clear . Often sounds like you are sitting in the same room . It's simple to use , I even have elderly relatives that use it .

We use that but tend to make calls when at home as it uses the home broadband then and doesn't eat up the mobile data plan too much. Send and receive texts from anywhere. My mum likes using this as she installed it on her phone before we left the UK. She loves getting pics of her grandson when we are out and about. Handy for calls too.