Unlocking I phone 4s from the uk

Guest css

Guest css

Had a few issues with orange network trying to end my contract before moving here.even though we had personal phones and business phones with them for years and spent thousands they wouldn't be fair, we didnt get any where with them so just came anyway without it being resolved. I now have an iphone 4s locked into orange contract. I wondered if wondered if there is anywhere I can get it unlocked do I can give it to my daughter as a pay as you go sim phone. Any one know any thing ?

I had the exact issue also with Orange and I'd been with them even before they renamed themselves as Orange. I bought the phones to Australia and the used an online UK company called iphoneunlockuk or something similar however that was 4 years ago. This looks similar - http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk/. However they do of course charge and as adelaidenow has said, you shouldn't have to pay if you know where to look.

I've been trying to get mine unlocked since I came here 4 months ago with no success! I have had a few people on Gumtree say they can do it for 150 dollars up-front but I don't trust them to deliver on their promises. If you do find anywhere let me know please!

Try phoning apple. They are really helpful & will take you through every step.

They may tell you the phone shouldn't be locked & if it is you need to get the phone supplier to notify them. (I tried this with virgin which was like banging my head on a wall & gave up)

You can reset your apple phone but may need to download all you photos first incase you lose them. ( apple talked me through this but I had a problem with my phone as it wont connect to the computer)

In the end I just got a pay as you go sim card & it worked!

Guest Guest12727

In the end I just got a pay as you go sim card & it worked!

Am I missing something? Doesn't this mean it is unlocked? Surely it wouldn't work at all if it is locked.

Well, after 4 months of trying I tried the link by spanners and a week later and £120 lighter my iphone 4 is now unlocked and working!! hooray! thanks spanners. it was locked to Orange UK so anyone with an iphone locked to orange.........JUST GET IT UNLOCKED BEFORE YOU COME OVER FROM YOUR LOCAL DODGY MARKET STALL!! - they don't have them here!

reason paying so much was that it was not straight forward - I had bought it second hand in the UK where I was told it had been unlocked, it hadn't it had been jail-breaked and turns out it unbeknown to me it had been lost/stolen before that so Virgin, who I thought were the locker, weren't. Anyway, £120 is money well spent, my company phone sim card is in it so from now on in I have zero costs from now on and all my contacts,apps and stuff back in use. Maybe I can suggest some people shouldn't post smarmy comments about paying too much before knowing all the details?

... Maybe I can suggest some people shouldn't post smarmy comments about paying too much before knowing all the details?

It's a public forum not happy-clappy land. As such anything posted is subject to any number of replies from any number of people all with different opinions.

fully agree sidestep, anyone can post their opinions and I expressed mine, £120 to me is a small price to pay to get everything back that I thought I had lost when moving over here. I'm realy pleased to have friends and relative's numbers back. once again big thanks to Spanners for the useful link........as for magic beans, don't need them but could do with some kidney beans for our chilli tomorrow night - let me know if you've got a spare tin Xzibit, I'll give you a good price for them!

reason paying so much was that it was not straight forward - I had bought it second hand in the UK where I was told it had been unlocked, it hadn't it had been jail-breaked and turns out it unbeknown to me it had been lost/stolen before that so Virgin, who I thought were the locker, weren't. Anyway, £120 is money well spent, my company phone sim card is in it so from now on in I have zero costs from now on and all my contacts,apps and stuff back in use. Maybe I can suggest some people shouldn't post smarmy comments about paying too much before knowing all the details?

Fsntastic !! So is "spanners" a shop that I can go to and talk to the person or is it all done over the phone. Only asking as I'm useless trying to follow instructions over the pphone also if I then bought a SIM card could I use it ? Thanks again

Hi CSS, Spanners is the person who posted the link at the start of this thread - it is a uk based website but really easy to do, just put you EMIE number and network in and it does all the rest - the website is called officialiphoneunlock or something similar - its dead easy and they go through it step by step - good luck and if you need any help (not that you should!) give me a shout.

Spanners is me. I used the site 4 years ago when I moved here. It was easy to use and when I mucked up the 2nd handset I just emailed them and they remotely accessed my phone / computer as sorted it all. Website might have been iphoneunlockuk. I remember it had a UK number and a Spanish number however that was 4 years ago so I dare say things have moved on somewhat.

Spanners is me. I used the site 4 years ago when I moved here. It was easy to use and when I mucked up the 2nd handset I just emailed them and they remotely accessed my phone / computer as sorted it all. Website might have been iphoneunlockuk. I remember it had a UK number and a Spanish number however that was 4 years ago so I dare say things have moved on somewhat.

I would never ever give a company remote access to my PC.

A company that is not legal, who is charging to unlock a phone I would even more not do that.

But each to their own!