Pet quarantine q's

Guest chrisH

Guest chrisH

Hello All,

Any tips on how quarantine for dogs goes? and where is it? I will be in Adelaide in Dec and will be waiting for my dog in Feb.what will be the procedures once he landed and how long will he be staying in quarantine?Is it 10 days?

Do you have a quarantine in Adelaide?or whats the closest?

Thanks,

Chris

Agree with the above.

You need to ensure your dogs bloodwork and rabies vacs is all up to date etc in advance of shipping. Quarantine is in the ballpark of $1000 for a 10 day stay. They brought the time spent in quarantine down, kept the cost the same.

Melbourne would be the nearest. You'll have to make arrangements to collect from there or have flown up to Adelaide. I'd be sure to book well in advance as they do get booked up. Also have you decided on a pet shipper? Gotten quotes?

Hi chris

our dog arrived from the uk around March time and we were really worried about the flight quarantine etc... He stayed in melbourne quarantine station for 10 days and we chose not to visit him as we didnt want to distress him further. However I rang Spotswood every other day to check on how he was doing which they didnt have a problem with. All was fine and Dylan had no sooner adapted than he was whisked off on the flight to adelaide (all sorted through a pet transport company) where we picked him up at the Toll depot! I must say when he arrived he seemed to be the happiest he could be given the circumstances and enjoyed going mad on the beach on arrival! The best was realising that after 3 months he hadnt forgotton us!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...