Which PAYG Sim?

Linda21

Hi, we'll be over in 4 weeks for our reccie and I was wondering which PAYG Sim card to buy? We'll be staying for 3 weeks and most likely will use more data than anything else as we don't know anyone in Oz to call or text! We'll use Skype to make any calls that are necessary from our accommodation. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks

Heard some good things about Amaysim.......

&utm_term=amaysim&utm_content=sf5vLQFTq_dc|pcrid|37669897673|pkw|amaysim|pmt|e"]

http://www.amaysim.com.au

No doubt Snifter will post with detailed info............................

Not sure why you say that Tyke. I don't think I've ever really had much to say on PAYG Sim cards.

Sorry OP, have nothing to suggest other than pop in and check out the PAYG plans and see what is a good deal at the time for your needs/wants.

Not sure why you say that Tyke. I don't think I've ever really had much to say on PAYG Sim cards.

Sorry OP, have nothing to suggest other than pop in and check out the PAYG plans and see what is a good deal at the time for your needs/wants.

Dunno if it is just coincidence but you do post after me with more detail a lot of the time...........................

Dunno if it is just coincidence but you do post after me with more detail a lot of the time...........................

A lot of the time? Checked posting history. A fair few pages of threads where I've not even posted on the same threads as you, let alone posted after you. Sure there are times I post after you about stuff but then I'd say you are reading far too much into things if you think there is a motive or some other reason. I happen to post wordy detailed posts sometimes, I do the same on PIO and other places, its just me, no more no less. There are other threads where I posted before you too. Funny how that happens eh.

I really don't play those kind of games Tyke.

Sorry to the OP's topic. If there is any more to be said from my side I shall take it to PM.

Edited by snifter

You can get 1Gb of data with Virgin for $29 per 28 days or 1Gb with Voda for $40 per 28 days or 1.2Gb with Telstra for $40 per 28 days.

In your position I would go with Telstra as they have the better coverage and currently a bit more data for the money. See

http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/30-prepaid-multi-fit-sim-starter-kit/index.htm

Also the system is different over here - you'll need 100 points of ID in order to buy/activate a sim. Passports and a UK drivers licence ought to do the trick if you go into a Telstra shop when you organise yourselves.

Hi, we'll be over in 4 weeks for our reccie and I was wondering which PAYG Sim card to buy? We'll be staying for 3 weeks and most likely will use more data than anything else as we don't know anyone in Oz to call or text! We'll use Skype to make any calls that are necessary from our accommodation. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks

Have a look at Optus SIMs from Woolworths. It's $2 for the SIM card. Then a $30 recharge (top up) will get you 5 GB of data and lots of calls and text. This lasts 45 days. I have used this for Skype / face time and calling and texting the UK and Australia. In the unlikely event that it runs out you can just go to Woolworths and get another $30 recharge. They also do a $50 recharge but this does not give any extra data (still 5GB). Just more call and text allowance. So probably not to your requirements. I used this for my smart phone and in my modem for over a year without any problems.

Guest Claire-n-tel
Amaysim are really good - Kate pays less than $40 a month and it's pretty much unlimited everything!

We just recently looked at getting new sims and Amaysim have a price increase this month you will get 5GB instead of 4GB but will cost $45

Have a look at Optus SIMs from Woolworths. It's $2 for the SIM card. Then a $30 recharge (top up) will get you 5 GB of data and lots of calls and text. This lasts 45 days.

I thought this was only available for people who were originally on a Woolworths sim and were transferred over to Optus.

Edit: anyway Woolworths sims are not 4G enabled. You have to be on a regular Optus service to have that extra speed.

Edited by sidestep