A spot of gardening advise please

Steve_H

Hello folks,

We are being plagued at the moment by a horrible weed thingy that keeps growing round the house every year.

You know the one, the ones that have a spikey thing that has evolved over the years to detach itself into your thong, then cunningly wait there undetected until you walk into your carpeted bedroom where they inconveniently fall out and sit there invisible to the human eye, waiting for you to go barefooted to the loo on the middle of the night.

Anyway, every year we spend hours pulling these out of the grass only for them to return bigger and meaner.

Over the last couple of days I have sustained multiple punctures to by my feet and the kids bikes and I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to control these suckers?

Thanks for any help.

Is that the bindi bindi plant? If it is I always found a long handled paint roller across the area was good for collecting seeds then throw away, if it is bindi bindi, then the best thing I found to treat it was 1:5 ratio of roundup, was the only thing to knock it down, iidid a few pesticide trials on it in the uk.

Guest Guest14361

Anne B is right 3 cornered jack, don't you just love them, always got them in my bike tyres, feed and weed from the garden centre does the trick, trouble is have the neighbours got them too?