Reverse cycle ducted Aircon

SWMBO

Guest Guest75
Just how expensive is it to have reverse cycle ducted aircon installed ?

Looking at dual aircon gas heating?.

Help please

if this could be in a better place please mods move

Sorry to see no one has bothered to reply and help you! There must be loads of members that have had this installed???

Not had a system fitted so can't help I'm afraid.

The gas heating is really cheap to run from what I hear!!

Good luck.

We have RC heating and cooling but it's electric not gas. I absolutely loathe it! When you put the cooling on, every door and window needs to be shut tight and when you put the heating on it feels too stuffy. Don't even start me on the cost! Given the choice I'd go for evaporative cooling and gas heating any day. My humble opinion before anybody jumps down my throat....

I guess it may well come down to how many rooms you want covered and if you want a splitter so you can cool/heat certain sections and not others. I'd get a few companies out to quote you and see what they come back with. Also consider what rooms you want heated/cooled, the layout of your house so the spread is even from the middle and not a long run from one end to the other so won't heat as well etc.

We have evap ducted cooling installed but it was already in the house when we bought. It doesn't heat, which works for me. We have a separate gas heater in the family room which heats that side of the house well and then an amazing gas fire in the living room which heats through to the study, hall and our bedroom. And heat bulbs in the bathrooms which are not enough in winter but there. We may get a wall heater for the hall along to the other bedrooms if only to help boost the heat to reach them.

I know someone who had just gas ducted heating installed this winter just gone, 4 rooms all up, cost a few thousand $$. They are struggling to get a good even coverage as it either seems to heat one end of the house better or the other. And they have to keep all the inside doors open when its on.

We have RC heating and cooling but it's electric not gas. I absolutely loathe it! When you put the cooling on, every door and window needs to be shut tight and when you put the heating on it feels too stuffy. Don't even start me on the cost! Given the choice I'd go for evaporative cooling and gas heating any day. My humble opinion before anybody jumps down my throat....

I'd agree with this. We put in reverse cycle heating and cooling when we built the house simply because it was easier to get the builders to do it when the house was being built and they didn't offer the option to put in evaporative. To be fair though my OH can really struggle with the heat so on the days when it gets really hot the RC works much better for him than the evaporative would (experience of my mother in laws evaporative cooling has shown this to be very much the case). The rest of the time though I would prefer evaporative cooling. And I'm not a big fan if the ducted heating thing either. We've had gas points put in the family room and living room so we can get gas fires installed when we are feeling rich enough. Once we have gas fires I suspect we will mostly use them for heating.

As for the cost I'm not quite sure how much it cost us as it was all part of the cost of building the house and came under our $20k of extras free. I think it was around $10k to $15k for a system to cover one vent in each of three bedrooms and a living room and three vents in the family room, although the builder would have added their margin on top.

Just how expensive is it to have reverse cycle ducted aircon installed ?

Looking at dual aircon gas heating?.

Help please

if this could be in a better place please mods move

Hi , we had a system installed 18 months ago , samsung smart inverter

reverse cycle , 6 zones with smart controller so can adjust airflow in every zone ,

works great in heating and cooling , we paid just short of $9000 all in ,the great thing with reverse cycle is

it hits the temp you set it at , evaporate can not adjust the temp . Our bills are good too

average single story 4 bed house with 6 zones around $12000.new inverter units around 40% cheaper to run.few deals around on the units at the minute.evap units ok in dry heat only going to give you a 6 degree difference and useless in humid conditions.

This... mine Is great and cheep to run.. about 8k new

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
scotts at golden grove 8289 0807 or jim Thompson of thermocool at dernacourt 0419 830 985

Hi thank you so much for giving me the name Scotts at Golden Grove.Jim and the guys were really great.They worked their socks off, on a 93% humidity day to install our new Gas heating and Reverse cycle air con. Would highly recommend them.

Glad it all worked out OK for you.

Love our gas ducted heating but we have evaporative cooling. Bit cooler up in the hills so humidity is not usually an issue and I don't like icy cold aircon so it suits us fine (virtually free to run with our solar panels too!) I like the fact that you can leave doors and windows open but finding the right combination takes a while to fathom out.