Suburbs where Corrosion/Rust form on vehicles/ electrical goods

etch123

Hi all, We are renting our first home in Australia when we migrate in April, and are sold on the port Noarlunga Area, a few people we know, live close to the CBD and was asking us to watch out for corrosion (especially since we are buying a new car) so my question is, does anyone living in the south have any experience with this issue? So excited, we have 1.5 months to go for the move and we have already booked a holiday rental in Christies beach.

I did Google it and found this link to rust prone areas, which seemed to show that Noarlunga is affected as with any coastal area. But is it a Real issue?

https://www.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/21611/Corrosion_environment_Fleurieu_Peninsula_and_The_Coorong.pdf

Thanks in advance

Edited by etch123

Corrosion is out of control and it's not just the coast....we left our car outside in the outback for a night.....roos bashed it up and then the rust set in.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8699[/ATTACH]

(joking - though that was a real car near one of the salt lakes on the way up to Coober Pedy)

This looks like my car now. But as there's no MOT then all is good ;)