Broadband

Guest Chelseadownunder

Guest Chelseadownunder

:biglaugh:I am posting like mad I know but you guys are great and I have learnt so much in two days.

Broadband (Or whatever you call it out there)

I understand the Oz government has some push on this and some areas get free wifi???? If you live in town is there free wifi? If you live 5km out or more do you have to have cable or do you have adsl on a phone line for your broadband?

What I am basically asking is how do you get it and how much is it. Do you get pakages like in the UK Phone TV Broadband with someone like say "Telstra"

Further to this question is there any UK tv on satelite. I know you get the bill etc on chanel 9/7 but what about corry and westenders etc... (Not fotr me):confused::embarrassed:

Yes on Foxtel there is a channel called UK TV with all that stuff on it as well as being on some of their other channels. Foxtel platinum costs $105 a month(you get everything and 2 free movies from the Box Office monthly), Basic package is $40, but you don't get movies or sport or other stuff with it, it's very basic.

There are lots of Broadband companies. We are with Internode, which is faster than Telstra's Bigpond. Adam internet is also popular. Telstra and Optus will bundle your mobile, broadband and home phone giving you a discaount. Telstra will also bundle in Foxtel seeing as they own it, giving you free local calls on your land based phone. Most broadband is adsl, but some people do get the wifi, we are going to go wireless soon as with 4 people on the internet fights can break out when people want to go on and we have enuff comps and laptops for everyone to be on at once. This is why we kept our dodgy slow aol dial up as it's cheap and is ok for writing on forums, but not good if you want to play Age of Empires on line!