Dog theft

Guest Guest14361

May well be... but wouldn't you rather know about it and it not be true, than the reverse?

No. I always took enough care with my dog that nobody could take her. Twice people tried. As the police pointed out, any dog thefts tend to happen there and then. They don't mark houses to come back to later. All this does is puts ideas in bored sad people's heads who think it's funny to scare people.

Guest Guest14361
No. I always took enough care with my dog that nobody could take her. Twice people tried. As the police pointed out, any dog thefts tend to happen there and then. They don't mark houses to come back to later. All this does is puts ideas in bored sad people's heads who think it's funny to scare people.

Not meant to be funny or scare people, as tyke points out its on FB, just trying to be helpful, sorry for trying

Not meant to be funny or scare people, as tyke points out its on FB, just trying to be helpful, sorry for trying

Ohhh no, I'm not having a go at you for posting. If it were true, absolutely tell everyone. I was just replying to Diane. Maybe I've always just been over cautious, but I wouldn't make it easy at any time for someone to pinch my dog. She was exceptionally cute so maybe I was just more paranoid? And as I said, I had a couple of people trying to take her. Pets should always be secure, as there are always nutters about. I suppose that's why my three cats are house cats. I've heard too many stories from people here about what they and their friends have done to cats to take the risk.

Edited by Blossom
Spelling

I read something about dog thefts I think on the news.com.au site a few days ago,and yes they do mark houses.

Yes, and there was a family in Oaklands Park who were on 9 News reporting the same thing.

I didn't think to post it on here, but I wish I had.

IMO, it's like reports of suspicious people trying to abduct kids -- we all know the possibility is there, we just get on with life, take precautions, but can become a bit relaxed.

I think this sort of reminds us of the horrible potential dangers to our loved ones, whether furry, human, or otherwise.

Thanks Nobby.

:notworthy:LC

I'm wary of anything posted on facebook - I've seen all sorts of rubbish posted as though it's fact. I always try and get some kind of formal verification on these kinds of stories. Snopes is a good site to check out, and SAPOL is also worth a look. Just chucking the 'fact' in to Google will usually bring up something, either a news story that verifies the info or a myth busting site that refutes it.

Guest Guest75

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/south/stolen-stompa-sparks-fears-of-dog-stealing-racket/story-fni9llv7-1227205325052

Channel 9 Facebook page mentions it.

16032_452287821485727_1648949207_n.jpg?oh=822c0bac29a13a5c51f4b93c4be3d30c&oe=55B32F01&__gda__=1434157372_0e425249593baf9bed860d68adbef568

9 News

There are fears a dog-stealing ring is operating in Adelaide’s southern suburbs, after a couple caught a man allegedly staking out their Oaklands Park home before leaving a marker on their side fence.

That's really sad that article. Some nasty people about. I hope they catch them and put them away for a long time but I guess the "rights" of pets/furry friends haven't reached the heights of human beings yet. I feel a swear word coming on starting with a "b"

Guest mr secret

I, for one, really appreciate your post mate. I would rather err on the side of caution and be safe.

Guest Guest75
I, for one, really appreciate your post mate. I would rather err on the side of caution and be safe.

There is a fair bit of chatter about this on Facebook now.

Lots of sightings of marks, some just look like scuffs, accidental - I reckon there is a bit of panic.

But as said, you can never be too careful!!

• 2 weeks later...