Container advice

Guest Nicky, Alan and Kids

Hi Guys

Our container arrives in Adelaide on 27 June, do any of you know how long it takes approx for it to clear customs? Do they have a time scale or is that a daft question.

Nicky

Guest mOZzy

i can't say from experience but all the shippers i had around recently told me it will take another 2 weeks max. 1wk for customs and 1 wk quarantine

Guest jojo
Hi Guys

Our container arrives in Adelaide on 27 June, do any of you know how long it takes approx for it to clear customs? Do they have a time scale or is that a daft question.

Nicky[/quot

Hi there

have they said for certain its coming in on the 27th as i hate to put a dampener on it but our container should have come in on the 17th January but we got it on the 22nd February. :unsure:They usually use the word "estimated" alot.

when it comes in it usually take about a week to clear customs depending on what day your removal company have a slot booked for. Our container came in on the sunday and they couldnt get it off the port in time for the Wednesday booked slot, so I had to wait until he following Wednesday for customs to check it and clear it. however the removal company did deliver that friday and were very good. We thought we would have to have things removed ( Dyson and Cane Furniture) but we didnt and it wasnt fumigated either which was a result:).

However this is only my experience of customs but i think about a week is the normal, have you spoken to the removal people out here to ask how long they think it will be?

Jo xx

Guest lippy

Our furniture arrived in port on the 28th of April (as estimated) and we could have had it delivered on the 7th of May had we of had a rental/place to live!

A couple of boxes were opened but nothing was fumigated - we had dog cages, dyson hoovers, bikes and mechanic tools all of which could have caused problems - had never washed anything with Jeyes fluid either - didn't have the time!

We were told that it depends on the time of year as to how long it takes to clear - eg January arrivals take longer than June arrivals

Julie

Thanks for your replies, have been told by our removal company here that the ETA is 27 June, it left Southampton on 13 May, I have got a contact email for the company who we will be dealing with in Adelaide so I will drop them an email.