Sendind a container

Guest Django

Guest Django

Just wondered what people did. If we decide to send a container with our stuff in where do we send it if we don't know where we are going? :?

We plan to get somewhere temp when we first go. The place will be like the Woodcroft park that wouldn't be big enough for all our gear. So where would we send our stuff????

Guest muppetbro

this may come as a surprise but it will go to the port - :wink: - if you are in accomodation without the storgae room then you will have to pay for storage in adelaide so negotiate storage in the uk to delay shipping out to save cash

we are renting for 7 months but managed to negotiate the use of the garage shed so well be able to get half in the house and the other half and the wife in the locked up garage :wink:

5 weeks til we have to go into storage and its a nightmare sorting what goes what stays and whats sold - everytime i look at the wife i think ebay :D

mart

Guest Django
this may come as a surprise but it will go to the port -

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:

Really? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe I worded it a bit wrong. :oops: What I should have said is where do you put the stuff if you haven't got anywhere to put it, once you've got it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: How much would you expect to pay for a 'lock up' of some kind?

Sorry Pete but this is one question I can't help with, we had an address before we left UK (an advantage of military life).

All I can suggest is you give them your mobile number and take your mobile with you or maybe give them the address you'll be staying at but make sure they understand that it is only temp accomodation and that as soon as you have a perm address you'll let the local office know.

Guest dglamoore

Our container sailed out yesterday and we gave them the temp address in woodcroft as a contact address then once we have a rental we will contact the office and let them know the address. Ours is due to arrive May 29th :lol:

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest75
Just wondered what people did. If we decide to send a container with our stuff in where do we send it if we don't know where we are going? :?

We plan to get somewhere temp when we first go. The place will be like the Woodcroft park that wouldn't be big enough for all our gear. So where would we send our stuff????

You just have to have a contact address here.

It depends on timing as well.It would take a minimum of 6 weeks to get here.Hopefully you would have enough time to sort out long term accommodation and somewhere for your stuff to be delivered.I hear that storage charges can be very expensive.

Guest G'n'T

we have found a storage firm in Glenelg, our stuff is being sent there as our shipping company needed an address to send to. we have arranged for a unit to be kept for us but we are hoping that by the time it arrives we will be able to just pick it up from the storage firm & not have to have it stored there at all. :D:D