Utilities costs

UKtoadelaide

Hi all,

SO and I moved to Aus 2 weeks ago.

We are moving into a 2 bedroom unit in North Adelaide, on Tuesday.

Wondering what utilities bills will look like every quarter.

1- Any notably good/bad service providers for gas/elec/water/internet?

2- What amount do you pay every quarter on average for gas+elec+water+internet (separately)?

Thanks so much! Trying to find out which service providers to set up with!

Best,

UKtoAdelaide

We are a family of 6 and have a four bed with a pool and use energy Australia as our gas and electricity provider, both bills average $300-$350 a quarter, water is also around the $350 mark. My internet provider is foxtel and packaged with the home phone and Internet is $120 per month.

hope this helps

We rent a 3 storey town house in North Adelaide. Also with energy Australia... For now... Ditching them as their billing is shockingly disorganised. I budget 150 a month for each of gas and electricity. We are a family of 8. Only a small evaporative cooling system and very little nesting (1 gas heater).

Hey we are in a large two bed apartment (house size rather than unit size) and pay $60/month for internet (Adam - fabulous customer service and based in SA. Think they are now co-branded with iiNet. Avoid using Dodo like the plague!) which is 1TB of data I think.

We pay about $200 a quarter water, $200 a quarter gas and our electricity is huge - around $600 - and we are very careful and don't run the AC all the time, don't have a tumble dryer etc... not sure where we're going wrong reading what others pay... maybe time we look at Energy Australia too!

Hey we are in a large two bed apartment (house size rather than unit size) and pay $60/month for internet (Adam - fabulous customer service and based in SA. Think they are now co-branded with iiNet. Avoid using Dodo like the plague!) which is 1TB of data I think.

We pay about $200 a quarter water, $200 a quarter gas and our electricity is huge - around $600 - and we are very careful and don't run the AC all the time, don't have a tumble dryer etc... not sure where we're going wrong reading what others pay... maybe time we look at Energy Australia too!

That is a big bill for electric. Is there perhaps a technical or electrical issue you are not aware (yet) about that is causing it to run so high? I know when we got a huge water bill for a while and our usage hadn't changed we did some looking around and discovered there was a leak in the ground from a pipe. Water bill dropped bigtime once it was fixed. My husband works from home and we have a large 3 bed house (3 of us) and our ballpark is closer what the others mention. We run a large freezer 24/7 plus computer and the other usual things. Oh and we have an electric oven that gets used more in winter, we switch over to the BBQ when warmer weather arrives.