Need a new mobile...to wait or not

wozzie2202

I am looking to get a new mobile (current one is unlocked so can use on PAYG) and I'm wondering whether the best option is to wait till we get to Oz or whether its's better to get one in the UK already unlocked so we can get a PAYG deal over there rather than contract. How do the cost of mobiles compare over there currently and are the contracts extortionate or fairly competitive?

Thanks in advance

Sarah

Hi Sarah, we are with TPG and have been for a long time and find them very good and reasonable. You need to BYO a phone though - Hubby and I got ours second hand off ebay. You could check ebay or JB Hifi or Harvey Norman for the price of phones so you can compare with UK prices?

Have a look at TPG's plans:

https://www.tpg.com.au/mobile/plans.php

Happy phone shopping!

We brought our phones with us, unlocked iPhones, not new ones and just went on a contract once we got here. We pay $30 per month each for unlimited calls and texts and 2GB of data.

Only minor annoyance is the UK plug charger. We have kept a powerboard or two to enable us to use the stuff we brought over we cannot or have not changed over to Aus plugs/chargers.