Setting up gas, electric and wifi prior to arrival

Taffyowen

My wife is arriving on the 15th of April and is going into a long term rental in Adelaide (we follow later) and wondered if there were companies that can set up gas, electric and wifi prior to arrival? Does such a service exist even if the wifi was a seperate provider....

thanks in advance

I can't think of any but there may be someone out there does that sort of thing.

I'd think you would need to be here, or at least have an Aus bank account to the same address that the funds for set up/connection and bills be taken out of.

Can you not ask the real estate agent (if there was one when renting the property) about it all and if they can organise. Otherwise I think it'll probably be a case of waiting till you get here.

ETA - Internet can be a pain to set up. And require call outs etc. So not always as straightforward as you might hope. A call out may require someone to be at home.

Edited by snifter
eta

https://www.directconnect.com.au/

Direct Connect do this kind of thing and are usually promoted on lease agreements. We used them for our very first rental but i can't say it was a smooth experience, i forget exactly what happened now but in the end we wished we hadn't bothered.

Its relatively easy to set these things up yourself provided you have an address and bank account here i should think. There aren't that many companies to choose from either so if you would like a list just ask.

You may find http://www.iselect.com.au/ and http://www.finder.com.au/ useful in your search.

My wife is arriving on the 15th of April and is going into a long term rental in Adelaide (we follow later) and wondered if there were companies that can set up gas, electric and wifi prior to arrival? Does such a service exist even if the wifi was a seperate provider....

thanks in advance

Maybe a prepaid mobile internet at first they can be purchased in several retailers so that you have the ability to use the net from the outset Or a mobile with a good data plan if all else fails Some suburbs are hitty missy with Internet so maybe check the suburb out that your renting in online ( there is a website but not sure of its name !)

We had what is called a Pair Gain line in our house at happy valley so couldn't get internet through the phone line ,we ended up with a wireless aerial that the government paid for under the Broadband guarantee