Broadband Supplier Recommendations - Semaphore Park

Hughes'Roberts

I'd check out which ones cover there. Also how far you are from the exchange may make a difference on your speed. Some of the companies offer good deals but the customer support is dire. Worth checking feedback/reviews online if you narrow it down.

You can check out some suppliers and deals here I think http://www.broadbandcompared.com.au/compare-plans/semaphore-park/

We are with Internode and have no issues. We have a deal for our 2 mobiles and broadband and have a large bandwidth plan for phones and internet. We did check how far the house was from the exchange before we put an offer in. We have friends living not too far from us as the crow flies but who are a lot further from the exchange and their connection is woeful compared to ours.

Has Optus said why they can't provide ?

If you have what they call a pair gain line you won't be able to get broadband vua your phone line

Hi Philly47

Optus didnt give me much info just 'sorry we cannot offer you broadband as they cannot connect at our premises'.

Weve been looking at TPG, set up fees arent cheap though?

Hi

i'm at West Lakes and had a terrible time getting broadband - not a single company could provide exept the one where you put the system on the roof. Optus now do a 4G mobile internet thingy .. works on the mobile phone network - just a box that you plug into the power and off you go .. its $70 for 50g which is expensive - but after a year and a half having only a dongle and going over my mobile phone data EVERY month, it was like manna from heaven for me! The guys in the shop were very helpful (if you go in... ask the bigger guy .. he knows most!)

good luck

Ails

Hi

i'm at West Lakes and had a terrible time getting broadband - not a single company could provide exept the one where you put the system on the roof. Optus now do a 4G mobile internet thingy .. works on the mobile phone network - just a box that you plug into the power and off you go .. its $70 for 50g which is expensive - but after a year and a half having only a dongle and going over my mobile phone data EVERY month, it was like manna from heaven for me! The guys in the shop were very helpful (if you go in... ask the bigger guy .. he knows most!)

good luck

Ails

This was our fears! We know only too well your frustrations. We too have lived in West Lakes and no one could provide us. We ended up getting mobile broadband too. It was so annoying.

Ive since found out we have a phone line installed and the previous tenants had the internet so its looking good :-).

Think we are going to go with TPG, unlimited for $60 but they have high set up fees!