Sole Use or shared container???

Guest Em76

Help needed. We are in the middle of pricing up removals to Adelaide. We thought we would need a 20ft container, but White and Co have come back with a good quote for a shared container, as we are just short of a 20ft.

Does anyone have any experience of sharing a container that they will share with me, eg How long did it take to get to Oz (I know this varies, but some idea would be welcome).

Many thanks

Em

Guest jen&ian

Hi there

We used a shared container when we came out last year it was absolutely straight foward for us, about the only difference is it's a removal van not a container that rolls up on your packing day, Our stuff took 12 weeks door to door.

Jen:)

Lots of people have complained that the time estimates for shared containers are too long.

Your stuff stays in the warehouse until they have another customer going the same port.

If they don't get one for a while, your stuff can be delayed for several more weeks than estimated.

As long as you are aware of this and accept the risk of the delay for the reduced cost....

We are going to pay the extra and have a 20ft container to ourselves.

Si

hi, we were wondering about costs for a shared container.. is it half price or does it depend on how much stuff you have? Thanks!

We were quoted £3300 for a sole use 20ft (based on 600 cubic feet) or £2720 for shared used.

Hope that helps

Many thanks for the other replies, as we are not in a rush to get our stuff (long holiday en route) I think we will go for shared.

Em x

We shared, using Doree Bonner, no problems, packed up & stored in the UK July 07, arrived Adelaide end Nov, didn't take long once it hit the water, customs was straight forward & I even got an extra 3 weeks free storage in Adelaide as I was waiting for the keys to our house.

Good luck

I'm not sure if this is entirely true or something I've dreamed up but I've got it at the back of my head that if you share a container, both you and the other party have to be present when the container is opened? So if the other person isn't due to arrive for another 3 months then you have to wait for them before you get your stuff. I've a horrible feeling it was a crock of sh*t designed to make us take a sole container!:sad: