Electrical Help

Guest proctor3069

Guest proctor3069

Hi

We have a Bose Soundock for our Ipod and a Nintendo Wii and they obviously have the 3pin uk plugs attached does anyone know if you buy the Australian equivalent cables locally? We have been told we can just change the plug but as they are sealed units we would rather not do this unless needed.

Thanks

Daz & Tammy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Django

I would take a multi extension lead and fit an aussie plug to it. That way you can plug into the wall and all your sealed plugs can plug into the extension.

Pete

Guest proctor3069
I would take a multi extension lead and fit an aussie plug to it. That way you can plug into the wall and all your sealed plugs can plug into the extension.

Pete

Thanks we didn't even think of that but sounds like a cracking idea!

Guest Bodie

Daz & Tammy

I have a Bose sound dock too, I went into dick Smiths in Marion (loads of branches city wide) and just bought an ac cable, also got ones for DVD player; PS3; laptop etc. ( I think they were around $12 each- cheaper that getting a sparky to change the plugs.In fact any appliance that has a removable ac cord, haven't been able to get one for xbox360 though. A good idea is to bring the old leads in with you. If you plan to bring TV & DVD with you,make sure you bring the scart leads, any TV I've seen here doesn't use scat but RGB or component leads. We bought a load of travel adapters from ASDA before we left (Jan 08) they were about 2 quid each and have been priceless since arriving. Hope this is helpful.

Mark

Daz & Tammy

I have a Bose sound dock too, I went into dick Smiths in Marion (loads of branches city wide) and just bought an ac cable, also got ones for DVD player; PS3; laptop etc. ( I think they were around $12 each- cheaper that getting a sparky to change the plugs.In fact any appliance that has a removable ac cord, haven't been able to get one for xbox360 though. A good idea is to bring the old leads in with you. If you plan to bring TV & DVD with you,make sure you bring the scart leads, any TV I've seen here doesn't use scat but RGB or component leads. We bought a load of travel adapters from ASDA before we left (Jan 08) they were about 2 quid each and have been priceless since arriving. Hope this is helpful.

Mark

Have a look on ebay for the 360 cable...or just fit an aussie 3pin.