How much to text?

Guest the4hopes

Hi there

depends what networks you have, when I arrived I still had an orange contract and was happily texting people and thinking it would only cost me about 50p a text, Little did I know they charged me for incoming texts:shocked:,

Needless to say after 2 bills both of about £170 each I quickly got an Australian mobile phone number. Emailed everyone and told them my Uk mobile had been diconnected and just paid the monthly charge of £25 for the next 2 months. So be careful using your Uk one over here. I have a vodaphone pay as you go at $29 a month and you get $130 worht of credit, i think i pay about 70 cents a text :huh:

hope that helps

Jo xx

We are on Virgin Mobile pay as you go and it costs us 35 cents a text from Australia to the UK. It also costs us nothing to text Virgin to Virgin. We are both on Virgin and text each other for free, we found as we did not know anyone else in Australia this is a great deal for us.

We are on Optus for our landline/broadband and get a great deal on calls back to the UK. I rang my best friend in the UK for 2 hours and 27 mins and it cost the equivalent of £2.28 - what a bargain.

We also use Skype but sometimes find the connection is slightly hit and miss but the phone is always spot on and the calls are so cheap, so sometimes we go on Skype and us the phone as well!