Mobile phone question

antlet

Just wondering if in Adelaide you have "pay as you go" mobile phones? am hoping you do and also hoping that as soon as my feet hit Ozzie soil I can just go in a pick up a handset and sim and Bob's your uncle. Am I on the right track?? will need a mobile contact while we get rental,landlines, broadband, etc

On the same lines, is there one phone company thats better than another? with Vodafone here, don't know if they operate in Oz

Guest motlyman

We picked up 3 sims for vodafone when we got here.

All ending one number apart. Easy to remember.

As Dan says make sure your phone is unlocked.

Colin

Guest graandjac

:)Learn by my mistake ........when you top up check the deals i got a $30.00 top up which gave me $30.00 of credit, but if i had bought $29.00 jumbo cap it would have given me $130.00 worth of credit ....dont ask:biglaugh:, make sure you unlock your phone before you leave the uk will only cost £20.00. cheers Graham

:)Learn by my mistake ........when you top up check the deals i got a $30.00 top up which gave me $30.00 of credit, but if i had bought $29.00 jumbo cap it would have given me $130.00 worth of credit ....dont ask:biglaugh:, make sure you unlock your phone before you leave the uk will only cost £20.00. cheers Graham
As said.......unlock phone in uk, its not cheap to do it here.And if youre into new phones , get one there and get it unlocked before coming.Apart from that , things are pretty much the same..........have to look at all deals to see which one suits!:)