Front loading washing machines

Guest rockpool crab

Guest rockpool crab

Hi there,

When we were on holiday in SA last year the place we rented had a top loading sort of spin washer type of washing machine..is this the norm over there. Is it worth bringing our front loading washing machine with us do you think?

Thanks for the advice.

Carol Ann

Hi there,

When we were on holiday in SA last year the place we rented had a top loading sort of spin washer type of washing machine..is this the norm over there. Is it worth bringing our front loading washing machine with us do you think?

Thanks for the advice.

Carol Ann

You can get front loaders here as well. Although if you can get your container here as soon after you arrive i would bring your own. We sent ours across although due to container being over a month later we ended up buying one here so hence we now have a uk one sitting in the garage not being used! Did not fancy finding a laundrette!

Guest SA Great

Definitely bring yours if its reasonably new. Spare parts can be a hassle as some european models are different to the aussie ones, even from the same manufacturer. Front loaders are getting very popular over here now. When we came most people had top loaders. I have been told that top loaders don't wash as well, but it saves you bending down to get the clothes out!!

Guest rockpool crab
If you still have the transit bolts - bring it!

There are loads of laundrettes around to tide you over until your container arrives.

Hi there,...eeek...dunno about the transit bolts. I'll mention that to the shippers next week, they're coming to give me a quote.

Although the person who made me an offer for my house last night, completely out of the blue, as they were coming to look at it as a rental opp. and ended up giving us an offer...they did ask if we were leaving our washing machine and I of course said yes...wouldn't want to jeopardise selling a house for the price of a washing machine.

But I did just wonder if they were a novelty out there and that you couldn't buy front loading machines..but it sounds like you can.

We'll see..I might try and re negotiate with the potential buyers.

Cheers for all the posts.

Carol Ann

Hi there,...eeek...dunno about the transit bolts. I'll mention that to the shippers next week, they're coming to give me a quote.

Although the person who made me an offer for my house last night, completely out of the blue, as they were coming to look at it as a rental opp. and ended up giving us an offer...they did ask if we were leaving our washing machine and I of course said yes...wouldn't want to jeopardise selling a house for the price of a washing machine.

But I did just wonder if they were a novelty out there and that you couldn't buy front loading machines..but it sounds like you can.

We'll see..I might try and re negotiate with the potential buyers.

Cheers for all the posts.

Carol Ann

we brought our washer with us, i couldnt find the locking bolts so went online to hotpoint and bought them for about £15 definetly worth it :)

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Either bring the front loader or buy one here. I dont understand the fasiation of top loaders, the dont wash the clothes properly and make them all bobbly and out of shape!

sarah

Guest Django

I wanted to bring ours out in the container but as its rented its probably best not to. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

I would say if you are shipping a container over send everything you have.

Pete

Guest guest569
Either bring the front loader or buy one here. I dont understand the fasiation of top loaders, the dont wash the clothes properly and make them all bobbly and out of shape!

sarah

Could be rude about the shape of your hubby there BUT he's bigger than me.:biglaugh:

Guest the thornes

Hi

We didn't bring ours as it was fairly old. We sold it and got a bit of extra cash from it and we bought one here, and paid about $500 and then got our two hundred dollars rebate back.

I hope this helps.

kerry