Info on Beds Please

Guest LOOBYLOO

Guest LOOBYLOO

Just after some info - we have removals coming Wed for quote. Our king size bed flat packs as does one of the single beds. We want to bring the frames but not the mattresses. Do Oz mattresses fit UK king (5ft) and single (3ft) bed frames? Cheers

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Just after some info - we have removals coming Wed for quote. Our king size bed flat packs as does one of the single beds. We want to bring the frames but not the mattresses. Do Oz mattresses fit UK king (5ft) and single (3ft) bed frames? Cheers

I bought my daughters single bed over and bought her a new matress for it once here...so yes the single will be fine.

I have a double bed, (shipped over). The duvet though is king size, and queen size bedding fits the king sizw duvet, so I would GUESS that a queen size mattress would fit the king size bed.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

here are the matress sizes form the ikea book.............

single...92x189cm

double135x189cm

queen 152x202cm

there doesnt appear to be king size matresses in ikea!

sarah

Guest LOOBYLOO
here are the matress sizes form the ikea book.............

single...92x189cm

double135x189cm

queen 152x202cm

there doesnt appear to be king size matresses in ikea!

sarah

Thanks Sarah......I'll measure mattresses. No point of bringing frame if we can't get a mattress to fit!!

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Just had a thought although I bought double and single matresses here the sheets do fit they are just a bit too small, they need a good pull to get them on. I bought a lot of bedding in Asda before I left as it was good value, good bedding here is quite expensive.

sarah

There is also a place up the north of Adelaide that makes mattresses so you should be able to buy or have one made to fit!

The bedding is expensive!

Good luck

Julie

Guest caoimhe
double size mattress is 4 1/2 ft

queen size mattress is 5 ft. and 200 cm long

king size mattress is 5 1/2 ft

single is 3 ft and

king size single is 3 1/2 ft and longer.

Our's is a Super King size 6ft x 6ft would we have problems getting bedding for it?