Those little nasties

Guest Chelseadownunder

Guest Chelseadownunder

:biglaugh:Hi guys

Just a question about all those lovely little animals you have out there. Is there less of the red backed and dangerous type of critter in Adelaide due to the fact its cooler?

Last time I was in Perth I spent all night chasing a flying cockroach and I thought it had gone and went to bed only to later feel this pinching sensation at which I jumped three feet in the air. The bludger had flown up on the back of my boxers whill I was chasing it. My wife thought it was hilarious. She later shouted theres another one to which I again flew three feet in the air and screemed like a girl. Needless to say there wasnt one there !!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Hi There

Sorry cant help but the image in my mind is hysterical;).

My hubby is 6ft 2 and he too jumps around like a girl when anything flies his way. I hope he can cope with the critters in Adelaide.

Seriously though good question we are all worried about the poisonous type. When we visited Adelaide March this year we saw nothing other than those millipede things and ants. Maybe when you live there you arent as bothered.

Kimberley:wubclub:

Guest graandjac

:biglaugh:The whole spider thing is over hyped, yes you will see red backs and the odd white tip but they are more bothered about you than you are about them, the huntsman must be in hiding due to the weather along with the Wolf spiders but its not like there everywhere . They say that every house has a huntsman, big they might be....!!!!!!!!!, but they eat all the poisonous ones. Cheers Graham

Hi,

I've been here six months now and only seen to small spiders about the size you get in the UK, I would love to see a big one that can kill so I can send a photo to people in the UK but no luck yet.

Simon:)

Guest katsmajic

Dont go killing the big guys...its the little ones you need to be squishing...

seriously, the huntsman will hurt like a bee sting, the redback will make you seriously ill!

here in adelaide it is the little spiders that are dangerous, nothing like the big guys on east coast here...theres a chart which shows you most of the spiders here - im sure someone will have the link for it.

im more worried about the snakes :arghh: i thought we just had the brown snake here to worry about, but no we have loads of dangerous ones here, ok the majority of them will disappear before you even see them, but some are aggressive...we like to walk out in the reserves here, and thats where the snakes like to hang out! :err:

Guest katsmajic

Thankfully weve been ok on that front, daughter suffers from spells of alopecia and hasnt caught 'critters' for years now.

but they do have community workers that come into school here and check kids, which is great.

You'll have more problems with the little nasties your kids bring home from school in their hair than spiders and other insects.