Open Plan Houses and a 1 year old

Guest Django

yep pete welcome to open plan living with a toddler,:biglaugh:. Mine is particully bad, likes to wake up early and raid the kitchen cupboards and poor cereal everytwhere. Wooden floors also a nightmare as he sounds like an elephant running amuck. Im conireing getting a kennel to keep him in :biglaugh:either that or a cage the little monkey:arghh:

Open and plan and toddlers...................hmmm.

I can think of a plus side to it; like being able to see what they're up to when all goes strangely quiet!! Much better than discovering your kitchen is smeared with butter, as is the child! and packets of ceral added for good measure..............lovely!:biglaugh:

I wouldn't mind, but the bugger is nearly 19!!!:arghh:

Open and plan and toddlers...................hmmm.

I can think of a plus side to it; like being able to see what they're up to when all goes strangely quiet!! Much better than discovering your kitchen is smeared with butter, as is the child! and packets of ceral added for good measure..............lovely!:biglaugh:

I wouldn't mind, but the bugger is nearly 19!!!:arghh:

:biglaugh: at least mine has got in the habit of applying sunscream, now he smears sudocream all over his face if he can get his hands on it :wubclub:

:biglaugh:At least the redness will disappear!!

Aren't kids just a constant scource of fun?? EXPENSIVE but fun!!

As for a kennel, or a cage; what's wrong with Duct Tape?? Do yourself a favour Claire.........it's cheap, easily found, and the authorities wont get wind of what you are up to..........:idea:

duct tape, thats great idea, but knowing my son he'd do a houdini and get out of it :jimlad:he now accesses the kitchen tops via his plastic chair so nothings safe

Guest Django

This morning. There I was washing up after breakfast. I remembered Joe's bottles from last night were in the bedroom. I went to get them and returned to the kitchen to find him turning on the oven. I removed him from said kitchen and turned round and turned off the oven. He then walked past with Jack's juice bottle open and upside down. I picked him up so he didn't walk over the wet floor and got the mop and filled the bucket. After mopping up the mess I noticed him going for the remote for the tele. He had a habit in the UK of throwing these things on the floor so he can get at the batteries. I didn't think Mr Tyke would like his control smashed so I took it off him and put it up on an already full shelf. I turn round to see him drop Jack's Nintendo DS into the mop's bucket. Luckily the DS wasn't in it.:arghh::arghh: All this in the space of 5 minutes, Arghhhhhhhhhhhh

Pete

When my eldest was only 2 she managed to "lose" my purse, my OH's wallett (including all bank/credit cards etc) - had to cancel everything and still have never found them to this day. Only recently my youngest put my OH's van/work keys in the bin - luckily we managed to find them literally minutes before the bin men arrived!!!

Ahh don't you just love them:arghh:

Ah, twins..........what fun.

Think about this; my mum had 2 sets of the monsters; 1 "irish" (year and 3 days apart), one actual set; all under school age:arghh:

One time we scattered in different directions on a day trip to Chester; poor old ones had a scarey 5 mins chasing us down by the river side.

She bought reigns after that, cruel woman

J

Guest moneypenny

Pete,

Just a thought, is baby Joe to big for a play pen? He might stay in long enough for you to finish the dishes, and your smallest girl might join him. They may like the novelty of being behind bars.

Moneypenny

Guest Guest75
Pete,

Just a thought, is baby Joe to big for a play pen? He might stay in long enough for you to finish the dishes, and your smallest girl might join him. They may like the novelty of being behind bars.

Moneypenny

I never thought of that Pete.

I have a 6 x 4 trailer with a huge cage on it if needed;);)

Guest caoimhe
Ah, twins..........what fun.

Think about this; my mum had 2 sets of the monsters; 1 "irish" (year and 3 days apart), one actual set; all under school age:arghh:

One time we scattered in different directions on a day trip to Chester; poor old ones had a scarey 5 mins chasing us down by the river side.

She bought reigns after that, cruel woman

J

God I thought I was bad, 4 year old, 2year old and 2 newborns

Although they were easy when they were babies