Help.. no OAA available

serena

Hi All,

I've just found out that we have no OAA. I have no idea what we're going to do, we arrive on the 7th November, and were totally counting on it!

I've looked at the rental sites they suggested, but they're so expensive we just don't have the money. Has this happened to anyone else? Can anyone suggest anything? It's just me, husband and 3 year old.

Really panicing now, don't know what to do.:sad:

Serena

Hi All,

I've just found out that we have no OAA. I have no idea what we're going to do, we arrive on the 7th November, and were totally counting on it!

I've looked at the rental sites they suggested, but they're so expensive we just don't have the money. Has this happened to anyone else? Can anyone suggest anything? It's just me, husband and 3 year old.

Serena

Hi Serena,

I was in exactly the same boat as you, we arrive on the 22/10 and were turned down for the OAA 2wks ago, spent nights on the phone to the real estate agents over their, then on Tuesday morning there was an e-mail offering us OAA, so dont give up something may come through but it makes sense to try and arrange something just incase. Have you looked on line at the the YAA/Hostels they have their? Some do cater for families

Good luck!

Naomi

Guest the staffords

when we first got here we stayed in christies beach caravan park...it wasnt cheap,but cheaper than hotel...there are a fair few parks...west beach,christies,port noarlunga,moanna....any port in a storm...good luck.

Guest Vicks&Stu

Hi Serena

When we first arrived we stayed in Midway apartments, link below. They were equipped with kitchen stuff, bedding etc. They were fairly cheap compared with others that we looked at. They were pretty basic, but had everything you would need. They are in Kurralta park so about 15 mins drive from the city and about 15 mins drive to Glenelg in the other direction. As i say they weren't fantastic, but did the job for a few weeks while we found somewhere more permanent.

Good luck, and try not to panic, i am sure you will find somewhere.

Vicks x

http://midwayapartments.com.au/

i arrive on the 01st nov and ive not heard from oaa yet after sending them an email chasing it last week was told i will hear next week - i am not panicking though if we dont get it as a few other people have said there will be somewhere we can stay :err: - in fact go onto the website adelaide bound there are short term rentals on there and all the caravan parks etc and search the rental forum on here as well and you may find a few more links for b&bs etc.

i will update you on how we get on next week - i may be panicking by then !

all the best

sjs

hi guys

well we heard this morning that we have not been granted oaa either ! so i have spent all of this morning emailing private rentals - cant wait til tommorrow now - they better all respond ! but im not going to stress YET - im off out for an afternoon in town with my sisters and friends for cocktails !

how are you getting on with accommodation serena ?

all the best

sjs

hi guys

well we heard this morning that we have not been granted oaa either ! so i have spent all of this morning emailing private rentals - cant wait til tommorrow now - they better all respond ! but im not going to stress YET - im off out for an afternoon in town with my sisters and friends for cocktails !

how are you getting on with accommodation serena ?

all the best

sjs

Hi SJS,

Have a grasshopper for me please!

We emailed the OAA, basically pleading to be put on a cancellations list or something. Then this morning they emailed to say they had just had a cancellation!!! Big phews all around! We were just about to book a hostel or midway apartments - whoever I could haggle the best with! Now just the problem of money exchange.....

You might be lucky too!

Good Luck

Hi All,

Serena

Quoting myself here!

Woke up this morning to an email from those lovelies at the OAA - and yes, we have got a cancellation! Don't know where yet, but it's better than nothing I'm sure.

Phew! That's a load off.

What a tease they are! Spent all weekend looking at all the suggestions you kind folks had given us.