Oh Well never mind :-D

Guest Django

I asked our landlady if we could put some safety gates either end of the kitchen to keep Joe out as he has already smashed a plate and emptied the bin. She refused as it would mean four neat, small holes in the wall at the wide end to secure one. The other end she didn't have a problem with as we could use one of the pressured type so no fixings required. So no point then. She had 2 spare light globes for the lights in the living room in the cupboard under the sink. We had to use one after Jack did his ninja practice with the broken mop handle, while the landlady was here.:arghh: Now the other one is gone because Joe got into the cupboard and tried to bounce it.:biglaugh: Four tiny little holes that I was happy to make good before we left would have prevented this but I guess she knows best.;)

Pete

ps 1 year old for sale. Very active. Will give you hours of entertainment.:jimlad:

You sound like you're having great fun Django :jiggy::biglaugh:

Unfortunately they don't like the holes in the walls etc. Know of someone who lost their bond due to putting one picture hook in the wall. Made it a very very expensive picture! It's a deffinate no unless they agree

why dnt you get a piece of bungee rope and cut it so its short enough so lil man cnt get into kitchen that way every time he try he gets bounced back.

:rolleyes: Because the landlady won't let me screw an anchor point to the wall. ;):biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

yep they are definetly obsessed with nothing on walls here. How about a cage like i suggested last time. Or a playpen really :biglaugh:. Wait until he figures out that if he gets a small plastic chair he can drag it to kitchen ,stand on it and get the biscuits :biglaugh:, then the fun starts. Oh and be warned dont leave pens about i thankfully grabbed one of my son just as he was about to sign his autograph on the wall :goofy:

Guest caoimhe

ps 1 year old for sale. Very active. Will give you hours of entertainment.:jimlad:

Join the queue I already offered my 4 for sale a few weeks ago, on a cold wet Saturday when they were 'murdering' each other.:biglaugh:

I would willingly swap.......3 teenagers for the yearling:biglaugh: and a roll of duct tape.......form an orderly queue!

3 for 1? Hmmmmmm don't think that's fair.:nah: :idea:Though the duct tape gives me an idea.11.gif

Pete

You didn't ask for fair, Pete...........:)

True enough however I'm thinking about it as a few years down the line your 3 will be of 'kicking out' age while Joe has at least another 16 years or so at home. Hmmmmmmmm I am sooooooo tempted:unsure:

I love duct tape, it sticks to everything!

I now see you in a totaly different light. Are you sure you posted this on the right forum? :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

Hi Pete

How wide is the gap? I've a travel gate that goes pretty wide that I nolonger use.

Julie

Hi Julie

My tape is in the container so guesstimating but I reckon its just under 6 foot.

Pete

It's wide but not that wide!! - sorry -

I got all excited then. :biglaugh: Thanks for the thought.

I think I will be buying a saw, wood and some screws this week and knocking some freestanding thing that'll do the job.:arghh:

Pete

I'm sure you would be able to buy some baby safety gates that wide. We got some here in the UK from the internet as our house is quite open plan and there are all types of configurations you can get, where you can add on extra side panels with the gate panel in the middle, and I'm sure the one we got you didn't have to screw into the wall. As most Aussie houses are open plan there must be a market for them. Try looking on ebay maybe.