What to take in the cases?

Guest rockpool crab

Guest rockpool crab

Hiya..I'm sure I've seen previous threads on this but I can't find them :-(

I'm sitting trying to think up stuff we should take in preparation for long term rental (which we don't have mind you) but that would save us buying when we get there as we know most of it coming in the container (eventually).

All I can think up is utensils like can opener, cutlery, potato peeler, wooden spoons. I can't think up anything else!

Is there anything you guys can think of? I thought we could buy two beds when we get there as we're only putting two doubles in the containter, so assuming we end up in a 4 bed eventually then that's each room sorted. I'll buy the quilts when i get there..ah..could take bedding then..sheets and quilt covers..there's something else for my list.

Hope you can help

Carol ann..onto her 28th list...lol.

Hiya..I'm sure I've seen previous threads on this but I can't find them :-(

I'm sitting trying to think up stuff we should take in preparation for long term rental (which we don't have mind you) but that would save us buying when we get there as we know most of it coming in the container (eventually).

All I can think up is utensils like can opener, cutlery, potato peeler, wooden spoons. I can't think up anything else!

Is there anything you guys can think of? I thought we could buy two beds when we get there as we're only putting two doubles in the containter, so assuming we end up in a 4 bed eventually then that's each room sorted. I'll buy the quilts when i get there..ah..could take bedding then..sheets and quilt covers..there's something else for my list.

Hope you can help

Carol ann..onto her 28th list...lol.

Check out M&S they may be able to ship some stuff out here in time for when you get here....:cute:

Guest graandjac

:)Remember to bring EVERY bit of paper work including References qualification certificates,mortgage docs and sales details from your house, all this will help to obtain a rentel, and help with job applications, good luck

:)Remember to bring EVERY bit of paper work including References qualification certificates,mortgage docs and sales details from your house, all this will help to obtain a rentel, and help with job applications, good luck

Yeh do NOT put these in container, or cases we carried all our important docs with us in hand luggage.:)

Guest rockpool crab
Check out M&S they may be able to ship some stuff out here in time for when you get here....:cute:

Wow..would never have thought of this one..I'll check that out..that could be a wee godsend.

Cheers.

Guest rockpool crab

Brrrrilliant..have written all of that down. Defo all going in my handluggage :-)

Cheers

As well as the above, I packed, bottom sheets for all of us, duvet covers and pillow cases for all of us. T-towels, Knives, forks and spoons for all of us. Mugs for all of us, plastic ones for the kids. Also my alarm clock as I was starting work befor ethe container arrived. Basically we bought all these as these are the things that will drain your money away. We then only had to buy saucepans and a few utensils to bide us over. Also we very kindly got lent a few sleeping bags so these went inside the duvet covers. I had bought new duvets before we left and put them in the container.

Hope that helps

Guest graandjac
Brrrrilliant..have written all of that down. Defo all going in my handluggage :-)

Cheers[/quote

Even take a photo copy of everything and split the copies up just in case