Shipping Surcharges

Guest Em76

Don't know whether anyone can help, but we have just been asked for an additional £325 from our shipping company. They collected our stuff 2 1/2 weeks ago and we paid in full at the time.

We had asked for a revised quote 28 days before they came (as we were advised to by another company) and were told the quote hadn't changed, but may go down due to oil price - hence we were somewhat shocked to receive this letter on Friday.

Has anyone else experienced this, or been able to find a way of not paying it?

Thanks in advance

Em x

Guest Tracey Smith

We were also charged extra after paying in full, another 250- 300 as far as I can remember. They said it was because we filled more cubic space than had been estimated.

Guest covfan71

Can i ask what sort of prices you actually paid and for what size container. I am just putting together a rough figures guide for my move. Hopefully though i will be leaving most of my stuff behind