Furniture Reassembly By Movers

Guest FlyByNight

Guest FlyByNight

Well we have all the green lights now to let us make the big move, including an offer on our house (?divine intervention? / ?Fate? / ?hulking great drop in price?.......who knows). So we are now eagerly tying up the move plans and have to decide between our selected removals firms. :jiggy:

Thanks to all you guys / gals on PIA we got quotes from John Mason and Crown, now don't panic I am not going to re-tread other threads and ask which we should go with because there seems very little to choose between them - even the respective quotes fall within close proximity.

No, what I need to know is do Crown dismantle / reassemble furniture e.g. cabin beds upon collection & delivery as their pre-move survey bod claimed.

This may seem an odd question but for us, it is one of the few determining factors which one firm has over the other. Understandably, both companies are vying for our custom and it is something John Mason said about getting the above in writing which has prompted me to enquire to the forum.

It is a minor detail granted, but having moved lots in the past, I know how chaotic something like needing to dismantle a double cabin-bed would be on the move day.

As ever, any words of wisdom or willingness to share experiences would be gratefully received.

Can't say fo r definite as we went with pss who were fab as were the company this end, but all the companies we got quotes off said we had to dismantle flat pack etc ourselves and then they pack it up. They did take legs off the sofa and bits like that but on the whole you have to dismantle things. We dismantled the kids beds and anything else the few days leading up to them coming and the kids just slept on their mattress on the floor, this way evrything was ready and no last minute dismantling needed.

HTH and good luck with it all

Guest ReadyPenny

I agree with Trakki. Our quote is from Allied Pickford and they have advised us we must flat pack and disassemble items, take them off the walls etc, ready for them to pack

Double check to make absolutely sure!

Mandy

Guest hrubieszowianka

I haven't got the experience yet, but have a quote from Crown and it says they will dismantle beds. I haven't asked if they will put them back together in Adelaide, but I will. I'm trying to chose between PSS & Crown, PSS seem cheaper.

We used pss; yes they are a bit cheaper.....................the guys who "did" us(?) were fantastic, quick, clean and professional, even if they were yorkshiremen(lol).

Best to make sure that any airfreight is tightly wrapped cos we got our pc here in a sorry and twisted state; complaints from us, the handlers at adelaide etc.........

J

Guest guest569

I would be very suprised if the company delivering in Adelaide would put it all back together for you at this end.:chatterbox:I would take any promises with a pinch of salt.:biglaugh: