Recomendation for Wii package please

newlife

Guest Aussie pat

We bought a package last week at Harvey Norman. Cheaper than in UK. Paid $440 for Wii, Wii sports and Wii music. Avoid the free Wii with a plasma TV. We've just bought LCD TV's as we were advised that if plasma goes wrong it's difficult to repair and you usually have to throw the set away! Wherever you go don't forget to haggle.

Hedy

Guest BAZnDAF

Like Kris said, make sure you get the extra handset and nunchuck, otherwise the boxing and the tennis is a bit rubbish, you can play single player, but thats not really the point!

...We've just bought LCD TV's as we were advised that if plasma goes wrong it's difficult to repair and you usually have to throw the set away...

Please don't tell me a salesperson told you that?? Plasma and LCD are very different technologies but if your LCD dies in 13 months (assuming you've no extended warranty) believe me, it won't be a cheap repair - ask anyone whose had a laptop screen die on them. The Wii is currently being bundled with the Panasonic Full HD plasmas which have just about THE best picture you can buy at present, until you start to get silly with Pioneer money. LCDs can look fantastic with Full HD material but almost all (until you start to get into $$$$ Sony territory) fall down when it comes to normal TV and DVD playback.

NEVER, EVER believe what salespeople tell you; they have quotas and will often try to sell you what they NEED to sell. Choose a new large screen TV based on how it performs, in your eyes, and ALWAYS buy the extended warranty.

Rant over.

don't know about your bundles but a second set of controller/nunchuck is great - it's good fun playing together!

i don't know how old your kids are but my boy is 4.5 and he loves the bowling and golf on wii sport.

Guest Aussie pat
Please don't tell me a salesperson told you that?? Plasma and LCD are very different technologies but if your LCD dies in 13 months (assuming you've no extended warranty) believe me, it won't be a cheap repair - ask anyone whose had a laptop screen die on them. The Wii is currently being bundled with the Panasonic Full HD plasmas which have just about THE best picture you can buy at present, until you start to get silly with Pioneer money. LCDs can look fantastic with Full HD material but almost all (until you start to get into $$$$ Sony territory) fall down when it comes to normal TV and DVD playback.

NEVER, EVER believe what salespeople tell you; they have quotas and will often try to sell you what they NEED to sell. Choose a new large screen TV based on how it performs, in your eyes, and ALWAYS buy the extended warranty.

Rant over.

We did buy a Sony and didn't even ask the salesperson. One of our friends is a film maker and he is up to speed on all the latest technology. We took advice from him. Some of our friends already own the TV we bought and are very happy with it.

PS We also got 2 of the various hand controls included in the Wii package we bought.