Landline & Broadband in Aldinga

grandad

Hi,

Does anyone know of decent packages for phone & broadband in the Aldinga area.

The area isn't covered by some Wifi providers (such as Virgin) so I was wondering if anyone has found a reasonable priced package for low user rate (i.e only use phone occassionaly and internet for Emails and a few pics now and again)

Grandad

Guest becky c

Hi Grandad,

We're with Telstra, they do deals like half price broadband for 12 months on a 2 year plan, we pay about $30 a month for broadband, and $30 ish a month for the phone, to get the deal you have to have your phone with them as well. I think you get some free calls with that deal as well. We had to wait about 10 days for them to set it up as they had to do something with a portal thingy. Also, I've noticed that broadband here is not instant like it is in the UK, not sure why,

If you go into any Telstra shop they can help you,

Bec :emoticon-signxmas:

Guest AndyandLiz

Hi Grandad,

Virgin uses the optus network and although their website shows no coverage, in fact we have great coverage with Virgin. As we have Virgin mobiles we bundle wireless 5GB per month for around $35. Pop into Seaford shopping centre and the little man in the kiosk in the middle will be able to sort you out!

Andy

Guest Aussie pat

My Mum who's a pensioner lives at Happy Valley and has been using a bundled package from AAPT for several years. Cost is

Phone and broadband 256k/64 speed 1 gb $34.95

512k/128k 5 gb $44.95

1500k/256k 15gb $59.95

It goes up from there but you probably wouldn't need more than that.

She never gets cut off and there are no excess usage charges.

Hope this helps for comparison purposes if you shop around.

hello grandad we have just moved in aldinga beach and last week we bought a opus pay as you go little stick which you put into the side of your computer and away you go

we payed $200 for it and its been great so far no contracts or anything to sighn up

good luck grandad, that feels so weird typing in grandad havent done that in a long time has hes in heaven

suexxx

Hi Sue David & kids,

Sorry if my name caused any stress. Have been looking at Optus wifi. Went to Telstra shop today, and after sitting at desk for 30 minutes with salesman, got totally frustrated when they couldn't get their computer to accept our new address (the house has been there for 2 years as a display home!) in the end they told me to go home and phone Telstra direct.

If this is their level of service then I wonder what would happen if I had a problem with the line.

Regards,

Bill

Hi Sue David & kids,

Sorry if my name caused any stress. Have been looking at Optus wifi. Went to Telstra shop today, and after sitting at desk for 30 minutes with salesman, got totally frustrated when they couldn't get their computer to accept our new address (the house has been there for 2 years as a display home!) in the end they told me to go home and phone Telstra direct.

If this is their level of service then I wonder what would happen if I had a problem with the line.

Regards,

Bill

hiys bill no stress to me it was kinda nice:wubclub:

went into the optus shop in the colandas port noarlunga and she showed us that our area(aldinga) had a very good reception, good luck bill

suexxx

Hiya bill and Val,

if you need any help, Andrew will be more than happy to go with you to sort out a deal! He will even help you set up the system at home................it's the least we could do, for all the help we got from you!

woohoo, just a few more days and you're in!! How excited are you two??

Be good now, ya hear?

Jane and Andrew and the bratz xx