what to bring

Guest DianeJ

Guest DianeJ

Hi , We fly out on 14th Feb and am still wondering what's going in the container.

At the mo our quote is a 20ft container plus groupage. So do we bring the conservatory furniture? I have read that houses need more furniture as they have more space, in which case we could use it somewhere. Or do we leave it here as we are renting out our house and try and be ruthless and get everything into the container and no groupage........decisions, decisions !!!!!:wacko:

Any help appreciated

Diane

Guest Django

I would say bring everything you can. You won't know what you will need until you moe into your new home. Somethings you bring you may not need but you can sell them just as easily here as you can in the UK. But once that container leaves your house thats it. It wouldn't be good to decide you really needed some left behind.

Yep bring everything evertime.

Pete

Guest Dave & Carole

Don't know if it helps - but we went to an emigration fair & chatted to some removal firms - they gave us a book that lists all the dos, don'ts & can'ts. One of the problem areas was conservatory furniture (& Christmas decs) - if made from wicker. Some stuff says they won't even let it in, others say you have to pay for fumigation at customs!

Like you, we are planning on taking a container - slimming down to fill that & no more. Figure that our stuff may not suit properties there so take what we NEED & then wait till we eventually buy before investing in more stuff.

Carole

Guest DianeJ

Hi Carole,

We have had chaps from anglo-pacific and john masons give it the ok as its lacquered , but as we haven't got a tenant yet it may be a bargaining tool for someone to rent the house. Sorted the loft yesterday, shed next, omg every day something to do !!

Diane

Guest Martin and Val

Hi,

Can I refer you to an earlier post just to save me time in writing it all out again?

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7787

The only thing I will add is: When they see "Christmas Decorations" Alarm bells ring. Make sure you have no pine cones or in our case "Green Fake Moss" on a nativity set. They charged us $88 for the privilege of burning it.

Can't really speak for cane furnisher, sorry.

Good luck

Martin