Tools and Bed-springs!!

Guest alan smallman

Guest alan smallman

Hi all

Just finished 3 days of sorting out tools, washing and scrubbing them with jiffy etc. Can't get grease stains off a lot of them tho. :unsure:Is that something Customs will pick on? Have varnished the handle of a recently purchased sledge hammer so that should be OK shouldn't it? You can tell we're getting near to moving as it's coming down to nitty-gritty stuff like this!!

Have just remembered that we have two beds which have those arched/bent slats which go under the mattress and act as springs and support the mattress. It doesn't look as though they have been treated so it looks as though I'm going to have to fit them into the work schedule for next week:arghh:. Have my step ladders, work bench and big ladders to clean and I think that'll be about it!

Thought I'd get that off me chest!!

Cheers Guys

Alan

Guest ReadyPenny

Alan

Grease and oil is fine we were told. Its mainly rust and dust (earth) that are not acceptable. Give em a wash with a bit of Jeyes fluid, then when customs open the packets they can smell it!! Isnt it a nightmare all that cleaning?

Yes you will have to varnish, varnish,varnish any untreated wood.

Mandy

Guest alan smallman

Hi Mandy

:)

Bug**r! Bug**r! Bug**r! The wife'll be pleased tho:nah:, coz that means we'll have to dismatle the bed in enough time for the wood to be varnished in time for removal date. She's always moaning about how uncomfortable the thing is anyway!!

Thanks for the info though darlin' - I'm off to B&Q!!!

XX

:)

Alan

Guest alan smallman

Hi Jo

Sorry darlin' :shocked:I didn't mean to worry you. The only reason i remembered is that one of them snapped on us and the firm sent us a few replacements, which I put on the garage shelf. whilst I was sorting out my tools (been and bought some hammerite today to spray some of the rusty ones) I looked up and suddenly thought :arghh:s**t - I bet those'll need doing!! There'll be something they'll get me on I'm sure. Best of it is, (if I'm honest) I don't like the bloody bed either. Another goolie dropped when we bought it, we didn't measure the gap to fit it in and as a consequence, we can't open the wardrobe doors!!

Take care and let us know how it's going. Soz again Jo.

XX Alan

Guest cornish Busdriver

G'day Alan.

What i done with my tools is:

Got 5 gallon of degreaser and socked then in it for a few days, wiped them down and then sprayed the hell out of them with WD40.

But watch degreaser if you get rubber or plastic grips on any tools as degreaser can burn them off.

Took me 2 bloody weeks to do my tool box.

Matt

Christies beach

Guest alan smallman

G'day Matt:)

Thank you for the tip. Think I am a bit obssessive - I completely re-sprayed me toolbox. It's an old (1978) army ammo box with things engraved on it like '12 Hand grenades' (you get the picture) in army green. So, didn't want to put the frighteners up the customs people - didn't want to be arrested for arms smuggling (LOL) and therefore went for a 'hammerite' metallic silver paint job!! I'll try the degreaser (wish I'd thought of that earlier!!!!)

Cheers M8:notworthy:

Alan

Guest alan smallman

Wow. just found out me avatar works!!!!! Cool. Like the bike?? Haven't ridden it yet since it was built, so don't know how it handles. Saving it for a beautiful Aussie day!! Soz, nothin at all to do with tools etc but it's taken me ages to get that sorted (I've only got dial-up which has been the problem I think).

Chuffed!!!!

Alan