Premiership?

Guest alan smallman

Guest alan smallman

Hi to you all

Our feet are gonna touch the tarmac on 6 April. Have put our notices in at work (ooh eck!!) and have removals coming in the next couple of weeks. Have sold the cars, golf clubs, lawn-mower .....................................Sorry, I'm digressing - nervous energy!!!

Told my lad that tv isn't up to the standards in the UK but there are still some programmes he'd like to have access to. Well, it's not exactly programmes rather than the FA Premiership. Can you access premiership games using satellite over 'there?' Or alternatively, how about BBC programmes (?Match Of The Day).

Also are you allowed to bring in used green plastic petrol 'cans' (even if you wash them out?).

Many Thanks:notworthy:

Alan

Guest alan smallman

Thank you Sean for the advice regarding foxtel. It's certainly something we'll have to get if only to keep our lad happy. Justin, I think I would be very happy to know how to download MOTD so I'll contact you again when we're up and running with an ISP 'over there'. I'm told Adam is probably the best all-rounder in terms of VFM and customer service?

Cheers both

Alan

:notworthy:

Guest Django

As Shaun says Foxtel is better than Sky as far as UK football is concerned. You can watch any game from the Premiership live by way of 'the red button'. You can also subscribe to Setanta Sports as well should you so wish.

Pete

...I'm told Adam is probably the best all-rounder in terms of VFM and customer service....

Adam do get good reviews but also look at Internode and Netscape - Internode are the only provider (currently) that may be able to help if you're out of reach for normal ADSL too.

Drop me a PM when you get here mate.

J.

Guest alan smallman

Thanks again Justin, I will indeed. I'm not great with anything to do with Pc's I'm afraid. Thanks also to you Pete. Appreciate all the info and help that I can get. We've been told that UK tv's won't work as they are manufactured on different frequencies to those made in Aus. Is that true? Also (I know I'm changing the subject, but since you guys know what you're talking about regarding technical gear I might as well ask) d'you know if we can carry an x-box through airport checks and onto the plane with us?

Cheers Guys and........................thanks again.

Alan

...We've been told that UK tv's won't work as they are manufactured on different frequencies to those made in Aus. Is that true?...

Have a look at the sticky in the Household thread - if you can't find the answer you're looking for, drop me a PM with the details of the TV (Make, Model) and I'll let you know.

I've carried an xbox as hand luggage in Europe and hold baggage (we had too much hand luggage) when I came over here - no problems at all with either. Just make sure it's sufficiently padded and you should be fine. I have something like this (only much older) which was a donation from a previous employer: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harvard-Aluminium-Attache-Briefcase/dp/B000UTNYKE a perfect fit.

Justin.

Hi to you all

Our feet are gonna touch the tarmac on 6 April. Have put our notices in at work (ooh eck!!) and have removals coming in the next couple of weeks. Have sold the cars, golf clubs, lawn-mower .....................................Sorry, I'm digressing - nervous energy!!!

Told my lad that tv isn't up to the standards in the UK but there are still some programmes he'd like to have access to. Well, it's not exactly programmes rather than the FA Premiership. Can you access premiership games using satellite over 'there?' Or alternatively, how about BBC programmes (?Match Of The Day).

Also are you allowed to bring in used green plastic petrol 'cans' (even if you wash them out?).

Many Thanks:notworthy:

Alan

Gday mate,

i watch the PL over the internet, drop me a PM and i will tell you how.

Dnt pay for any games.....just the damn time difference that does your head in...

Also i know of a place where you get hold of recorded versions on MOTD the day after...

Hope this helps...

Guest alan smallman

The mighty Villa indeed. Lee, to say I have Claret & Blue in my veins would be an understatement!! I've been watching them since about '68/69 - I remember Best, Law, Charlton & Co coming to Villa Park to play in a league cup game, and the great Pele coming with the Santos team in the early 70's. Halcyon days my friend.

I was born in Aston (I even have it on my passport) and lived in Trinity Road for most of my life. A schoolmate of mine played for them in the 70's and used to get us free Central League tickets to go watch him at local grounds. His name was Brendan Ormsby (he now lives in Yorkshire as a result of being transferred to Leeds Utd. Anyway, I digress. So, it's true, wherever you go in the world, you'll always find a Villa fan!

Cheers

Alan

Guest alan smallman

That sounds Ideal. Hope I can get it all sorted (though we'll have to wait for the pc to arrive on the container). Will definately be in touch again. Like the sound of getting the recorded MOTD. You all sound as tho you are loving livin over there?

Cheers

Al

Guest alan smallman

Blues Fans? In Australia? Never!! Thought you had to go through stringent vetting before being granted your visa? ;) Have to admit tho...................the bit about dog doodah on yer shoes did make me laugh tho ( 'spose you could say like the Blues Ha!Ha!:biglaugh:).

Al

PS

How about getting Champions League games in Aus, for next season? Specially if the Villa qualify!!:D:D

The mighty Villa indeed. Lee, to say I have Claret & Blue in my veins would be an understatement!! I've been watching them since about '68/69 - I remember Best, Law, Charlton & Co coming to Villa Park to play in a league cup game, and the great Pele coming with the Santos team in the early 70's. Halcyon days my friend.

I was born in Aston (I even have it on my passport) and lived in Trinity Road for most of my life. A schoolmate of mine played for them in the 70's and used to get us free Central League tickets to go watch him at local grounds. His name was Brendan Ormsby (he now lives in Yorkshire as a result of being transferred to Leeds Utd. Anyway, I digress. So, it's true, wherever you go in the world, you'll always find a Villa fan!

Cheers

Alan

yeah but the best team you ever had was full of scousers!:jiggy:

Guest lastboyscout

Its nice to see you lot enjoying yourselves in the Fizzy Pop League anyway :biglaugh:

If you do make it up to the Prem again you`ll be seeing this sight a bit more often;)

Guest alan smallman

Look what I've started!!!!! Anyway, wasn't Bennie from Crossroads a Blues fan? What was his real name now? Paul something or other. I remember the episode where he went into see Miss Diane and, holding a piece of dog poo in his outstrectched hand said " here...look what i nearly trod in........" Just kiddin!! I bet he turns out to have been a Villan.

Good to have a laff boys!! keep it coming!!

;)

Al