Electric or Gas?

suzer

Electric or Gas  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Electric or Gas

• Electric
    • Gas
    • Unsure

Well we have gas for water heating and cooking. We have one of those flow through water heaters so there is no shortage of hot water in our house. We also have a gas heater in the living roombut it is itinerant and has been for many years when the fan in it stopped working. Our gas bill a 1/4 is around $90 and that's with 2 teenage daughters hogging the hot water. I personally like gas for cooking with as it is efficient and you can control the heat better on the stove top and the oven heats and cools quickly. When we used the ancient one to heat our living room it did heat the room up quickly. Back then our winter gas bills were about $250-300 a 1/4. I think they are pretty much the same costwise, it comes down to preference.

We have a conbustion heater, fan of which of course runs on electricity, and the big thing now is deciding on gas or electric water heater, solar or not, before end of the financial year so we can get the best rebates. Too confusing, and I really don't want to pay more than the minimum right now, but I think hubs wants to go the whole hog. Lucky me is stuck doing the research.

Our current house doesn't have gas. I always thought gas cooker hobs were far better than electric, but now have an electric induction hob. It is fantastic, just as fast and responsive as gas without the danger. As it only heats up the pan, the hob and its surrounds only get warm, so there is no danger of burning yourself. Also the hob stays clean as spillages don't get burnt on.