Computer virus, help please!

Guest the4hopes

Guest the4hopes

My laptop has got a virus from my daughters school! Some sort of chinese pictures and symbols come up on internet explorer.Thought it was ok because I use firefox, but (not sure whether its the same thing?) I cant open some of my emails on yahoo, a small thumbnail comes up with an advert to win a car!

Anyone offer any help, apart from throwing the computer out the window!

I installed avast home last week, is that anything to do with it? Thought it would solve the problem.

Thanks

Laura

sounds like you have spyware and adware on your comp. I downloaded a free program godzilla which gave me a free trial for a month which sorted out the initial prob on my laptop of being directed to sites when i logged on. Is your daughter's laptop part of the school programme, if so the school may be able to fix and should have installed anti everything on their network..

My laptop has got a virus from my daughters school! Some sort of chinese pictures and symbols come up on internet explorer.Thought it was ok because I use firefox, but (not sure whether its the same thing?) I cant open some of my emails on yahoo, a small thumbnail comes up with an advert to win a car!

Anyone offer any help, apart from throwing the computer out the window!

I installed avast home last week, is that anything to do with it? Thought it would solve the problem.

Thanks

Laura

Cornish busdriver could assist you in thuis matter as he knows alot about puters etc etc.

I use spybot S&D to keep on top of any adware or spyware issues...

Ad aware is also pretty good and use these at least once a week....

I use AVG which id free and upto now all is good

Hope this helps.