Fridge, where to buy one

Denise

As this is the first thing we need as soon as we arrive I thought I'd save my legs and ask where to buy a decent fridge. This is the only thing we didnt ship and our rental doesn't have one, need to get one straight away so we can then fill it up.

Just some store names where we can take one away without having to order, the equivalent to curry's or dixons etc....

Thanks

Denise

Guest Rob and Clare

It's always worth having a shop round. Good Guys are sometimes the cheapest to go to, but have a look at Harvey Norman, Truscotts and Myer. We've bought a lot of our stuff from Myer as we've found them the cheapest, and they all will drop the price if you ask them too. It does depend how much your willing to spend to see how much it's worth a drive round.

If you just want something fairly cheap then Radio Rentals have a clearence centre on South Road, these are ex-rentals or factory seconds, and can be quite cheap...

Guest LordLucan
Hi,

We bought a fridge when we got here, whilst waiting on our stuff to come over. Its got a small frezeer comp. at top and was ideal in the short term, we probs used it for about 2 weeks so almost new. Im selling for $100 if your interested?!

Gill

If they aren't interested, I will DEFINITELY buy it from you. Been looking out for a 2nd fridge! Please PM if it remains available. We are at Seacliff, just down the road.

Thanks

Guest Libby1971

If you just want something fairly cheap then Radio Rentals have a clearence centre on South Road, these are ex-rentals or factory seconds, and can be quite cheap...

We thought we'd save somemoney on a washing machine from the RR place. BIG mistake. It kept breaking down, we were calling people out left, right and centre and it cost us money as we had to buy another one.

One word of advice, we would suggest buying the largest fridge/freezer you can afford, or will fit into the available space. We find we have to keep loads more in the fridge here to keep it fresh, and it also helps if you have room for drinks, as no real aussie likes warm beer!!. We finished up with an extra fridge/freezer in the garage to store the extra's

If they aren't interested, I will DEFINITELY buy it from you. Been looking out for a 2nd fridge! Please PM if it remains available. We are at Seacliff, just down the road.

Thanks

You go for it, our fridge is staying in the UK so we will be buying a new fairly big one to keep us going for a long time.

Hi,

We bought a fridge when we got here, whilst waiting on our stuff to come over. Its got a small frezeer comp. at top and was ideal in the short term, we probs used it for about 2 weeks so almost new. Im selling for $100 if your interested?!

Gill

Thanks for the offer Gill but we left our fridge here so we will need to buy a big boy to last us a long time and to store the massive amounts of food my husband eats!

Guest LordLucan
You go for it, our fridge is staying in the UK so we will be buying a new fairly big one to keep us going for a long time.

Thanks! Will go for it!

Guest the4hopes

We bought our fridge from Harvey Norman, Marion road. If you buy before 1 they will deliver the next day.They are very reliable, and will beat a price.There was money off our washing machine and they took money off the warranty aswell. 2 years plus 4 years warranty for about $70.

Guest alan smallman

Hi Gill

Are you stil selling your fridge then? I am back on-line 2moz but I'll have to rely on the library to get any replies you send.

Cheers

Pauline & Alan

PS

No worries if you have already sold it.