Scratches in fibreglass pool?

Guest King Prawn Curry

Guest King Prawn Curry

Hi all,

I'm Lulujim's OH and as we have now arrived (yeh!) and I have some 'man questions' I figured I should start standing on my own two feet.

Before I start, just a quick thank you to everyone who has given us advice and support along the way. It has been very much appreciated.

We've put an offer in on a house in Woodcroft that has a fibreglass pool. There are long 'scratches' on the bottom and I'm a bit concerned that it may need relining. I've called loads of pool places and they all gave me a sales pitch, 'yes we can repair'. Does anyone know where I can get some fairly independant advice? I really don't want to have to spend $10,000 if I don't have to.

Many thanks.

James

Guest guest569

Are you sure there scratches ?? mine has long seam lines on the bottom that i only see when a small line of sand or dirt is in it.

Guest King Prawn Curry
Are you sure there scratches ?? mine has long seam lines on the bottom that i only see when a small line of sand or dirt is in it.

After spending most of the morning panicing, you're the 3rd 'non sale' person to say it's quite normal to have silt sit in lines on the bottom of pools. That's good enough for me!

Thanks a lot.

James

Guest guest569
you can both see the bottom of your pools:wideeyed:, I must have a bit more work to do then.

Simon:)

See it ?? You could still swim in it !!! If you don't mind your oak tree turning back into an acorn.:biglaugh:

Guest motlyman

James,

Not to say they are or are'nt scratches but as said before most fibreglass liners do have seams in them.

Dust and dirt does collect in them making them look worse than they really are.

I could take a quick look if you want.

Colin

Guest King Prawn Curry
James,

Not to say they are or are'nt scratches but as said before most fibreglass liners do have seams in them.

Dust and dirt does collect in them making them look worse than they really are.

I could take a quick look if you want.

Colin

Thanks Colin that's a great help. We move in mid June, so I'll PM you when the dust settles. Until then, I'll relax a bit. It sounds perectly normal after all.

Thanks again, James