Best internet service provider in Adelaide

Guest gypsy

Guest gypsy

Hi all

Who is the best ISP (Internet service provider) for 'Prepaid Wireless broadband' in Adelaide (Mansfield park).

Measure of performance could be :- Good Coverage, low tariff, Good speed etc.,

Thanks in advance for all the replies:D

Guest angiestaff

we have recently signed up with virginbroadband and after the hassle we had with bigpond virgin have been great!

angie

Guest Nick11

Virgin wireless broadband package. $60 a month. Good value. We were told they are building a transmitter somewhere round here that will make the coverage better.

Guest Nick11
Virgin mobile broadband is rubbish, it constantly drops out and is very slow. I really wouldn't recommend it unless you have the patience of a saint.

Never had a problem with it apart from the odd day.

Must depend on where you live.

Supposedly we are in an area with a good signal, I have heard that other have had problems too but I guess if you have not had a problem it can't be that bad! We had constant problems with it for the 2 months we used it in our furnished rental, thankfully we are now back on ADSL and it is much better.

Guest LordLucan
Same here....Great!!:D

I see plenty of you recommend Adam ADSL2 and yes, it's great. But the question was, I thought, about wireless broadband, which means the wireless comes from outside your house (like your Mobile phone), not from your wired-in ADSL2 inside your house. In that case, for pure coverage, you can't beat Telstra Wireless Broadband. They claim to give you up to 7.2Mbits/sec (about to be 21Mbits/sec with the latest hardware on new plans). I have actually never seen better than 5Mbits/sec, and the average seems more like 2.5-4, but that is still a very good Wireless Broadband speed. I believe that their coverage beats the competition hands down. Can't believe I'm saying this because I traditionally hate Telstra, and yes, they are expensive, but that is my opinion based on what I have observed.

Guest Rob and Clare

If your going wireless then Bigpond has to be the way to go, their coverage is just about the best, like the advert goes... "i've been Everywhere man"

I know Telsta appear to be despised a little but we're only paying $29 a month for 12gig of broadband ADSL2+, we get UK calls at cheaper than most, if not all pre paids cards and mobiles at $20 per month with $15 credit and free calling to home and each other and free txt's..

If we moved from Telsta then we'd look at going naked with TPG or Internode.

Guest gypsy

Hi to all

Thanks for all the replies. All posts are very valid for my decision making.

To confirm, this topic is about Wireless internet service provider.

• 5 weeks later...