HELP, (Old Video Camera Tapes?)

Guest Martin and Val

Guest Martin and Val

Who remembers many years ago when Video Cameras were huge, supplied by Del Boy and Rodney and you needed a strong shoulder to rest them on during use?

Well we used to have one and at that time you could get a VC tape size holder/adapter case which the smaller Video Camera tape slotted into this enabled you to play it directly on the VCR. Does anybody have one of the old VCR holders/adapters that we could either buy or borrow from them. I know it's a long shot but you never know.

(I hope this all makes sense to somebody):unsure:

Thanks

Martin

Guest guest569

Don't tell anyone but i have one of those cam corders hidden in the depths of our wardrobe !!!!:embarrassed:I don't have one of those adapter tapes BUT we have leads so that you can play through the cam corder onto your tv and could you then video it.:idea:

Guest Martin and Val
Don't tell anyone but i have one of those cam corders hidden in the depths of our wardrobe !!!!:embarrassed:I don't have one of those adapter tapes BUT we have leads so that you can play through the cam corder onto your tv and could you then video it.:idea:

Thanks PP, Sounds like that may work! The actual tape we have is about the same size as a music cassette tape but thicker. (Dimensions are 90mm x 58mm x 22mm) It's by JVC and is called "45 VHSC" SX High Performance. We used to have an adapter that looked just like a normal Video Cassette which this simply slotted into converting it.

Does that measure up with the one the one you have?:)

Cheers

Martin

Guest Martin and Val
ours is 8mm tape. The cassette is 95x60x15mm

Oh Bugger, it won't fit then. :nah:

This tape is prior to your version. Never mind just hope somebody else has one and answers on here.

Thank you very much for taking the time to look.:)

Cheers

Martin

Thanks PP, Sounds like that may work! The actual tape we have is about the same size as a music cassette tape but thicker. (Dimensions are 90mm x 58mm x 22mm) It's by JVC and is called "45 VHSC" SX High Performance. We used to have an adapter that looked just like a normal Video Cassette which this simply slotted into converting it.

Does that measure up with the one the one you have?:)

Cheers

Martin

I might be able to help Martin. I have a JVC Cassette Adapter C-P8U. Still in the box, never been used. If it sounds like the right one, let me know your address and I'll send it to you.:)

Guest Martin and Val
I might be able to help Martin. I have a JVC Cassette Adapter C-P8U. Still in the box, never been used. If it sounds like the right one, let me know your address and I'll send it to you.:)

Fantastic, :jiggy:it sounds just like the thing we need!!!! We don't need it urgently so no need to post it, plus its that rare if lost in the post chances of finding another would be slim. Can we please collect it from you at some stage? If you no longer need it and are willing to sell it, we will buy it from you or return it when we are finished with it.

Thank you so much.

Martin

PS: What a great place PIA is, ask a question, need help and somebody comes up trumps.:jiggy:

Guest Martin and Val
if all else fails my wires might connect your old cam to the tv ???

Thank you Passionate Pom, It looks like The Monaghans have the piece of kit we need. We don't actually have the old Camera anymore just the tape that went in it containing an old film which we really want to see of our Grandson when he was a baby.

Thank you for your help

Martin

Guest Snape Family

Martin

I have just checked and we definitely have one of these adapters (just measured one of our tapes and it is identical in size), only problem is we are still on the Isle of Man! However we have packed it and when we get over and get it unpacked I will try to remember to PM you and let you borrow it.

We should we over mid-july/August so feel free to chase me up if not heard from us in September.

Tracey

Guest Martin and Val
Martin

I have just checked and we definitely have one of these adapters (just measured one of our tapes and it is identical in size), only problem is we are still on the Isle of Man! However we have packed it and when we get over and get it unpacked I will try to remember to PM you and let you borrow it.

We should we over mid-july/August so feel free to chase me up if not heard from us in September.

Tracey

Thank you Tracy,

The Monaghans appear to have what we need. If it isn't the correct thing in the end we will give you a call.

It's funny really, I never thought for a moment that I would get any joy from this request for help. It just goes to show it's always worth asking on here.

Thank you

Martin

Guest Martin and Val

A Massive thank you to Liz, Rich, Hattie, Rory and of course Trev the dog (The Monaghans) for the cassette adapter thingy. It works a treat and is just what we needed.

Thank you also to all those that offered help with cameras, cables and believe it or not another adapter (so they wasn't as rare as we thought).

Val and I are soon to settle down to watch an old video clip taken about seven years ago which we had never seen and without this help we would never have seen it! so again thank you very much.:)

Martin and Val

Guest Snape Family

Martin and Val

You're both welcome, it's nice to be able to look over old tapes they bring back many memories.

Tracey